Crows Reunited

Her father was completely forgotten in the moment as she stared at the young man who had betrayed her.

Seeing him so at ease caused something inside of her to crack. Her hands tightened into fists, and her chakra became visible around her, like a cloak of crackling energy. Itachi didn't move as she stepped towards him.

She shouldn't take him. He was far more experienced than she was at fighting, and his Sharingan would see through any tricks she tried to pull. The only upside she had was her massive amount of chakra, but she wanted it nowhere near her seal right now.

She knew this, and still, she stood her ground, ready to make a move, ready to attack.

He crossed his arms and studied the seal behind her, saying, "Your seal is breaking, and you look as if you can't control your chakra," he said evenly.  "Things must be difficult on your side."

She didn't respond. How could she? He talked to her with ease, and had guessed everything correctly. It made her all the more angrier.

Because Kakashi had been right. Itachi had imbedded his chakra inside of her. How many people did she have hanging out in her mind?

"What the hell are you doing here?" She said.

He raised his brows at her expression and said, "The seal Lord Third and I placed on you seems to have had an effect on your memories, though I'm not surprised. I've kept my chakra here as a safety precaution."  He studied her and asked, "What do you remember of me?"

She stepped away from the seal as she replied, "I thought you were my friend, that you would always have my back, but you only saw me as a distraction for Lord Hiruzen while you schemed and massacred your entire clan! And you just casually ask what I remember of you?" She gestured as she spoke, and her chakra crackled around her with every heated word she spoke.

He tilted his head to the side, and a crease appeared between his thin eyebrows. "You were supposed to remember me differently. How strange."

"You sound disappointed," she said. "Did sealing my memories not go as planned?"

Her chakra built up around her, and she was engulfed in its energy. "What type of seal did you put on me, Itachi?  Are all of my memories lies?" That's what her father had said, and she was starting to even believe him now.

There was a buzzing noise, a flare of her seal. She realized then how close she was to it, and how much chakra she had encircling her. She needed to move, to contain her-

She didn't have time to blink. Itachi grabbed her around the waist, pulling her back with him. He set her down, and she turned to see Itachi flex his Sharingan.

Her father, or whatever chakra monster it was, recoiled, and looked as if it were pushed back with a screech.

She pushed away from him and staggered back to her feet, sickened by his touch.

Itachi said, "Your chakra seems to have a mind of its own. It's changed since the last time I saw it."

Itachi reached out his hand towards her, and she slapped it away.

"You may have helped just now," she said, "but that doesn't change what you've done. You betrayed me, taken away my ability to help the Leaf, and have spliced my memories into pieces!"

Why was he looking at her like that? It was as if actually cared about her, and she couldn't stand it.

She stepped away from him. He only sighed and said, "I'm sorry, Chiisai. I thought I had been helping you all this time."

"That's bullshit! Did you think you were helping these people too?"

Images rose from the ground. Of Itachi's father, and mother, and friends. Every one of them, dead. Members of the Uchiha Clan materialized around her, taking up every bit of space in the kitchen. They varied in height, and age, and size. Children and parents and brothers and sisters and grandmothers and grandfathers. Lastly, she conjured an image of Sasuke the last time she had spotted him in the village. Though he looked like his mother, he had the dark determination of his father.