The jealousy tactics don't work on me, I don't get jealous, I just lose interest.

"So if I were to propose making the asshole and her a little jealous how would you respond,"

"Co wouldn't get jealous," I state. He had no reason to.

"Oh sure," Nick nods, "That's why he told me tonight you were 'off fucking limits' before I came over here and now can't take his eyes off us from behind my back," He motions for me to look, simply bending forward over the bar to grab a napkin. Leaving Caleb and Lexi in perfect view, both looking over here before glancing away quickly.

"He was just saying that because he knows I'm not ready for anything with a guy right now," I shrug. I don't think it was , but I'd rather lie than even entertain the possibility.

He will be married sooner or later. And even if he wasn't, even risking the chance of hurting him again terrifies the fuck out of me. Relationships come with hurt, and it's not something I'd ever want to put him through again.

Friends is safe territory for us, and it always will be.

"So some mind blowing sex with me is completely out of the question?"

"Would it really be all that mind blowing if it's with you?" I question, teasingly. I don't doubt it'd be good, but mind blowing?

Few, or moreso, one, has achieved mind blowing.

"Ouch," He placed a hand over his heart, that smile unwavering, "Are all of your friends as hardheaded as you?"

"Why? Counting on Lexi being easy?"

"The opposite actually. Lets take a shot," He adds randomly out of the blue. Before I can even object, he's ordering a round of tequila shots with limes.

"I can't do limes," I shake my head "Too sour for me,"

"Damn you're probably the type to think ketchup is spicy aren't you?," He snorts

"Funny coming from the one who seems like the type to seasons his chicken with just salt and pepper," I fire right back, "Maybe a bit of garlic salt if you're feeling frisky,"

"Damn I just walked into some white on white crime didn't I?" Dobbs, Calebs other teammate, scoots into the chair beside me, "and yeah he is,"

"Bro no I'm not, the hell are you talking about?" He sputters. Their bickering reminded me of two other dumbasses that were here tonight. Where they were I'm not too sure, but they were definitely in the building.

"Okay sorry, you do use more seasoning that that," Dobbs grins, "Your food still tastes like shit somehow,"

"Aww pretty boy can't cook?" I tease with a fake pout. These guys were fun to be around.

"Not to save his life," Dobbs chimes, tipping his beer back taking a sip. "Are we taking shots?"

"Yep," I grin, sliding him one of the glasses "Lime or no?"

"God no, I don't do chasers," He holds the small glass up, "What are we cheers-ing to?"

"To Kazer?" Nick smirks

"Why?"

"For introducing us to the women in his life?"

"Oh fuck off," I snort with a grin. He lived up to his reputation well.

"Can't disagree," Dobbs chimes, clinking his glass with his teammate,

"You two are pigs," The fourth member of their known group joins the table. "I apologize for them both,"