29* Lost

The albino woman sat at the top of the mountain,her golden skin and hair glowing in the morning sunshine. She closed her eyes tightly shut in deep concentration and meditation as the soft breeze blew through her hair like the calming touch of a mother.

Homa stood at a distance, watching the lost princess. She had made a vow to protect her with her life,and she had kept that vow for all these moons.

She could remember the night they had ran away from the pack.
The night marked the beginning of their independence. They had to take responsibility for their lives,without having to rely on anyone else but themselves.
She was just eighteen red moons and princess Kambi was just thirteen.

They had ran for moons after moons like fugitives, living in fear of the unknown. Living in fear of the Alpha...Kambi's father! Now,just when they had gotten comfortable and had chosen to settle down,the princess had decided that it was time to head back home!

"Home"
The name and the concept,now sounded foreign to her. Kambi was her home! She did not know any other place she had felt more free and more alive. But even though she had protested against going back to Amajiri,Kambi was still a princess and her words still stood.

"Lost in your thoughts again?"
Kambi's words floated into her ears like a calming breeze.
She had not even realized that the woman had finished her meditation.

She looked down at the smaller woman. She looked really small and fragile. Homa knew that during the moons,Kambi had learned to defend herself. They were both warriors! Kambi was no longer the scared little girl had been the first time they ran.

However,she could not fight the urge to always want to protect her all the time.
Kambi placed her small and cold hands on Homa's arm,drawing her body very close to hers.
"You do not have to always worry about me,I am a warrior too. I can take care of my self!"

Homa sighed, looking straight into her eyes.
"You are a warrior Kambi but that does not mean I would not worry. In fact,I worry more now that you are a warrior because I fear that one day,you may not need me any more and you..."

Her words were cut short as Kambi's lips crashed into hers, silencing her.
Homa was stunned for a while before taking over and dragging Kambi closer than she could even move and lifting her up carefully, not wanting to break the kiss.

Kambi's legs were wrapped around her waist as they kissed on the mountains,the morning breeze ruffling through their clothes and their hair,the birds chirping joyfully above their heads.

"It's time to go home,Homa."
Kambi said after they had broken up the kiss. She was still wrapped in Homa's sure hold.
"But..."
"Shhh..."
She shut Homa up again,placing a chaste kiss on her lips.
"We have to go home and take back what is rightfully ours!"

*
*
*

"Move! Puta nuzor"!!
"Faster ohh! She is losing alot of blood!"
"Goddess biko ohh...please do not let her die!"
"Where are the towels I asked for"?!!
"Nmiri...nmiri...we need more water!"

All hell was breaking loose in Aira's healing hut.
She has been rushed back to the hut as quickly as possible. Immediately,she collapsed,all the healers of the pack had rushed to her side. Whether they liked it or not, she was now the commander of the army, and they were not going to let her die!

Cha-Cha begun to swirl her beautiful blue magic over the girl. Chants and words began to pour out of her mouth
The other healers worked to treat the physical wounds on her body while Cha-Cha fought to keep her spirit from floating away.

Cha-Cha begun to pour out more magic,doing her best to keep Aira from floating but it was not enough. The old witch was growing weak. The magic took out so much energy from her but she kept on forcing it out.