19* Bloody Emotions

***Aira's POV***

"Magic is more than the ability to control something or make it happen...magic is also an ability to transfer our emotions and soul! It is knowing how to transfer our will to something else, making it an extension of our selves."

I watched Cha-Cha as she twirled her beautiful blue magic around her fingers. The smoothness of the magic as it brushed my skin felt like the songs of angels, whispering into my bones.

Dinma was struck in awe.
She watched with her mouth agape, absorbing every single bit of the act as though it were life.

"It is your turn Aira!"
Cha-Cha whispered,her magic still floating around the tiny hut, being it's only source of light.

My eyes snapped open at that statement.
There was no way in the names of the goddess that I was going to be able to do magic.

"You may have forgotten because my wolf is gone,but I am no witch. I used to be a werewolf, but now, I am only a human now."

Cha-Cha smiled softly.
"Dormant."
She said, before extinguishing the beautiful blue fire that had began to burn in her palms.

"What...what do you..."
"Your wolf,she is not gone. She is only dormant."

I sat still as the wave of shock hit me.
Fire...Fire was not gone! My Okwu is still alive!"
Everything felt so slow,and even as Dinma hugged me in joy, I could not even feel it.

I did not even feel the little drops of the tears which had found their way out of my eyes.
All I could think about was the fact that my Fire was alive.
My Okwu was alive!

*
*
*

My knuckles bled as I punched the bark of the Iroko tree over and over again, but I did not care.

The blisters I had gotten on my feet from the other day had begun to reopen and bleed.
But all I cared about was the stupid magic!

"Only when you are able to harness your quota of nature can you be able to awaken that which is naturally in you ."

Cha-Cha believed that I needed to be able to create a little bit of magic before I can awaken Fire.
When I asked why she would not just do it for me, she began to tell me the nonsense about harnessing nature.

I had tried countless times over and over again, but I could not still even create a speck of dust.

I heard one of my fingers snap,the pain so sharp,I could feel it in my throat.
But I could not stop...even though I wanted to.
The anger had overtaken me.

"Your blood smells so sweet, I wish I could taste it."

All my attention snapped to the owner of the voice.
There,casually leaning against the tree next to the one I was taking out my anger on was Achi.

The beautiful small young man looked like he had just risen with the sun.
I wondered if he was born an Ijeoma,as his beauty was out of the world.

I glared at him as he catwalked to me with small beautiful and bold steps.

I wondered how this little person could have so much boldness.
I was not a beautiful sight to behold with my doubled colored skin and the hundreds of scars that littered my body.

But this boy regarded me as though I was...normal.
"What do you want,Achi? Are you not supposed to be out there chasing your mate or whatever mates do?"

I sat down against the poor tree with my head on my hands as he stood next to me.
"Having a mate is a beautiful thing! And by the way, Ozo is the one who chases after me, not the other way around!"