10* Triumphs and Control

The day was gloomy. The sun had hidden its face
The rain had begun forming. The rainy season was fast approaching.

Aira crunched down trying desperately to focus on the wood she was cutting and not on the scene unfolding before her.

But her mother's screams would not let her. It tore into her heart like a spear. She fought with her wolf to keep it from tearing out.

Her mother's pleading eyes kept in place. She could not afford to be discovered. They could not risk them finding out about her wolf.

Once the death of the Beta had been discovered. It was safe to say that the  palace and all it's quarters were shaken with chaos.
There were so many emotions hanging in the air.

Pain, confusion,joy and embarrasement hung in the air like the bodies in the Alpha's chambers.

They tried to hide it by walking with their heads high and a mask of pride but the Beta family knew that they had lost a bit of their authority.

He had died in the hands of a harlot, with his naked body hanging upside down in his chambers.
The shame was just too much to bear.
Even mere slaves snickered when they saw the Beta's sons.

Aira was elated.
She kept her eyes open, looking out for the Beta's first son,the one who had defiled her.
He walked by the warriors when she saw him.

Standing up to her full height,she met his gaze. His stare was so powerful,it made the warriors around to lower their heads in submission. But the girl played it off like it was just a cute puppy gaze.

She knew she was treading on dangerous waters.
"Mutt" She whispered, mouthing it so well,he could understand.
She shook her head sadly like a mother who was deeply disappointed with the behavior of her child.

She knew he would come at her. She wanted him to. She would take the chance to kill him.
She could have killed him the other day but he had been at his brother's house.

But today,she was finally going to kill him!
She could feel his anger coming off in waves.
Call her mad, but she revelled in the feeling of his anger.

Her joy was short lived once she saw her mother's bruised body being dragged on the bare ground,out of the washing room.

All colour drained out of her face.
The Beta locked eyes with her, smirking like the fool he was as he whipped her mother's skin off.

Her heart beat rose with each stroke on her mother's body.
She tried to focus all her anger on the wood she was splitting, cutting it to a hundred pieces but her anger was just too much.

It was not an anger that splitting wood could stop .
It was one that required death and blood!

She tried to ignore the fact that her mother was screaming in the hands of the Beta.
But there was only so much a wolf like hers could do to stay suppressed.

And soon,she snapped; She lost control! All control!

***

Everybody stood still.
It was as though time had frozen.
No one even dared to breathe.
Especially the Beta who was locked in a tight choke-hold with a mad female above him.

"Do not lay your hands on her if you want to keep on living."
The voices did not belong to her.
Her eyes were the brightest hue of yellow that had ever been seen.
It was as bright as the sun,the true source of fire.

"Aira.... please...Biko...let the Beta go!!"
But the girl was no longer there.
"Fire!!Okwu! It is...it is your mother! Please let him go! Please!"

But she did not,she tightened her hold on his neck, blocking off all air supply.
The man tried to pry her hands off but his strength was no match for the double coloured girl.
Everybody was dumbstruck!

"You have provoked me for the very last time Beta!"
She spat the word like it was bile mixed in cow shit.

Her fingers,now claws, dug into his neck,enough to leave scars that would last for a life time.
"If I do not succeed in killing you today,I promise that you would really wish I did!"

Her devilish smirk said it all.
The Beta knew that the girl did not lie. He had never heard so much sincerity in just few words.
It scared him.

The guards had finally been able to drag her off, leaving a half dead Beta on the bare ground.
A doctor rushed to his side immediately to check if he was still alive.

They were right,she had really gone mad. It was total chaos!
But in the bizarreness of the situation,she smiled.
Maybe it was the joy she felt knowing that he would have to carry scars given to him by a mere slave.

Maybe it was the hidden smile of satisfaction she saw on her mother's face admist her worries and fears.
Maybe it was the cool breeze of rain that began to blow.

But what ever it was it made going to the dungeons a little less scary.
She felt Fire relax.
They had begun...their resistance!

The rains began to pour.
*
*
*
*** Author's Note***

Hey Guys,I know it's been ages. So many things have happened all these while.
My elder sister died so it's been really tough on the family and I've been having a hard time adjusting.

Any way....this chapter may be short but it's really necessary for the plot twists and all.
Be strong y'all!
Don't forget to always do what makes you happy!
#olivesaidso