28* Blood Will Spill

"If you choose to submit now,I may decide to spare your worthless life and maybe you would find a better purpose cleaning shit from public bathing huts!"

Aira could hear the laughter and snickers from the crowd. The insult stung like scorpion sting. She could feel Fire struggling to get free. She was even more pained than Aira was.

"Coward!"
Aira's sure voice silenced the crowd. She stood there,looking so much like a warrior with her gear and her scars. The scars were her pride. They were her story.

"Are you afraid because you do not want your people to find out that under that your big head and ego,is a scared weak man who I have bigger balls than!"
There was a collective gasp from the crowd. For reasons best known to men, their balls were pride to them. There was no greater insult to hear than that, especially from a woman.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!"
One could hear more pain than anger in his voice.
Aira smirked. She knew she had gotten him angry and had hurt his ego. It was a small victory,but it was a victory anyways.

She turned to the crowd,feeling consumed by overconfidence.
"Is this your champion? This thing?"
Everything happened so fast. The collective gasp from the crowd,Odogwu charging at her in hot rage enough to knock down a bull and the next thing she felt was her back and head ramming hard into the Mahogany tree in the
middle of the square.

Her Kpinga flew out of her hands, landing somewhere among the crowd. She could hear the cheer of the crowd as Odogwu howled to the moon.

Her sight was blurry. The world around seemed to be spinning and she could feel the sharp throbbing pain at the back of her head. As she struggled to stand,she could see Odogwu taking proud steps towards her limp body.

He had his spear,sharp and ready to peirce her heart into the earth, ending her forever. But she was a fighter,all the years of being subjected to slavery,torture and torture like trainings had shaped her into what she was now.
He could not get rid of her easily.

As he struck the spear, aiming for her heart,she grabbed the handle of the spear, using it as a leverage to get up.
"You think I am that easy to kill eh?"
Her words wear weak but she said the anyway.
"I am Aira, I am Fire, I am a slave, I AM A WARRIOR!"

With that anger she broke the spear in half, jumping on his large back and holding him in an effori chokehold. It was a technique Cheta had taught her and she had never felt more grateful.

For Cheta
Her mind kept screaming. She wished he was here to see her right now. To see how much of a warrior she had become.
Odogwu grabbed a chisel from his armor and struck into her back,stabbing her several times.

She screamed in pain as blood begun to pour out of her
The crowd kept screaming and chanting. It did not really matter who it was for. They just wanted a winner. They just wanted blood to spill.

Twisting her body backwards,she replaced her hands with her legs,still not letting go of his neck. He twisted,jumped and turned, trying everything to shake he off but whether it was sheer determination, adrenaline or strength,she did not budge.

Although upside down,bleeding and even on a person's body,she grabbed her sure dagger from her belt. The dagger seemed to sparkle, reflecting the brightness of the moon.

Goddess help me!!
She made a silent prayer in her heart before sending the dagger straight through his left knee.

With a loud cry,he finally shook her off from his body, sending her flying to the other side of the square,very close to their audience. She heard a woman scream before jumping out of the way.