14*In the Eyes of a Monster II

*** Aira's POV***

          Trigger Warning!!

Have you ever been subjected to so much pain that you begin to feel nothing?

It begins to feel as though your body had become one with the pains and suffering that suddenly you forget how life was without that much pain.

Four days and three nights.
That was the amount of time I had spent here in this dark room, waiting for the next torture the Alpha would so graciously bless me with.

Four days and three nights.
That was the amount of time that I had suffered in this room, being stretched to my breaking point.

It had been some kind of game between the Alpha and I.
A game to see who would break first.
Me or him.

We were no longer Alpha and slave. We were prey and predator. But the real question was...who was the prey and who was the predator?

"You know I wish my Luna was like you, Aira! I wish she could not break so easily."
His choking aura had become somewhat bearable in the past days.

I did not know how he had managed to get into my head, but it was the part of the torture that I hated the most. It was terrible. The feeling was destroying. But for whatever reason in his sick head,he had not entered my head in two days.

Fire believes that he may be rejuvenating. She believes that it takes away some power from him. Her plan was for us to escape then. But that meant we had to wait till he got into our head again,a torture that I was not prepared to go through.

"I heard she killed herself."
I whispered with a small chuckle. My body was dangling in the ropes. I could not see,but I knew that my skin,or what was left of it was now torn into shreds.

My head throbbed from his continued banging against the wall. He must have a lot of time on his hands. Maybe that was why he missed his Beta so much.
Maybe he was just a shell of an Alpha, relying solely on his subordinates to rule.

Maybe he was just a coward!

I laughed out loud at that thought.
"Are you mocking me Aira?"
His voice was dangerously deep.
I knew what was coming.
The whip with the nails sliced through my skin,twice.
The pain was excruciating. But it did not shut me up.

"You know...Alpha..."
I spat.
"I think we are starting to become friends! I mean...look at us, having a conversation without me being dead or running away...like your Luna and daughter!"

I could not see him. I did not know the expression on his face. But the whip coming once again on my back, was enough to tell that I had struck a nerve.

"I...I...can...can not promise that I would stay though!"
I spat out the blood from my mouth.
Fire could help me bear the pain,but I had to keep her in and dormant. She needed to gather up strength for the race.
We had to be ready for the perfect time.

"I would not kill you now, Aira. I love your spirit. Maybe...hmm maybe I shall make you my Luna,and watch you break day-by-day, just like she did!"

The word struck me before they finished getting out.
"Then you should get ready to have another dead Luna in your court room." I struggled to breath out.
His laughter filled the room, it was as dark as his aura. Sickening, disgusting, unnerving!

"I hear you have a mother."
I was ready for this question. I knew that he would want to use my family to get to me.
"Your Beta killed my mother! That was why I killed him!"

I could hear his scoff.
"Aira...Aira...Aira, do you think you can lie to me? I have the whole pack in my hands. Including you filthy slaves! Your mother's name is Ola. I have seen her. She is a beautiful one.
Her breasts are luscious. Maybe I should have them!"