24* Men and Monsters

"You are a fool,Ola! You are a sad fool!"
Amusu's voice was cold. The whole room could feel his rage.
He sat on a cane chair before his new mate, staring at her and  deciding what next to do with her.

Ola laid on the floor in a pool of her own blood as she smirked despite the pain.
Struggling to look into his eyes,she whispered_
"I...I...I choose...I choose to be a s...sad fool rather than a we...weak one..." Her voice was broken and pained but she still spoke up.

This was the third time he was trying to force himself on her,and this was the third time she had resisted by attempting to stab him.

She  knew that there was only so much that her poor body could take but she also knew that she had promised her daughter that she would stay alive and wait for her.

However,she was going to fight even if it killed her.
She knew that Aira would prefer a mother who died fighting than one who lived as a slave of her mind and her body.

"The...the worst thing...you...you c...can do is kill me!"
Her voice came out weak but her words were strong.
Her defiance seemed to provoke him the more, breaking his calm facade.

Pulling her by her hair,he raised her to the air and watched devilishly as she struggled within his grasp. Before he could hit her once again,the the Gamma walked in.

"Alpha! Ogadinma!"
Over the years,the Gamma had grown older but his strength and wickedness was still almost as great as his Alpha's.
He showed no ounce of surprise when he saw a woman squirming and crying under the hands of his Alpha.

"What is it Ikendu! Can you not see that I am busy?!"
He growled, barely sparing Ikendu a glance.
"The Aranians have the girl!"

At his words, Amusu's face lit up with what was too deadly to call a smile.
"Did you hear that,my little mate? I will show you that death is the best thing I can give to you. Your daughter will suffer!" He whispered softly into Ola's ears before turning to face the other man.

"Why is she not here yet! Is she dead? I want her alive!"
His deep voice roared.
"The...the...the Aranians have refused to let her up,they say they have a condition."
Amusu's eyes darkened.
"Prepare the men for war!"

*
*
*

'Aira you can shift now! We have now passed the boundaries of Ohiaowehe'

The girl did not need to be told twice as she changed into her wolf mid air,howling into the faint outline of the moon.

The men were behind her in close as fast pursuit.
She could not tell what species they were but she was not going to wait to find out.

It was when she came to a dead end which looked like a wall,did she know that she had to fight!
"A true warrior never backs out of a fight, especially one he knows he is going to lose."
Aira spoke in Fire's head.

Fire could not make any sense of what Aira had just said but she knew that there was no backing down now.

The men had surrounded her and she could see hints of smirks on each of their faces.
Growling loudly at them,she charged at the closest one,leaping into the air and biting off his shoulder.

The howl of the man was terrifying,it was not as that belonging to a real man.
He shook her off, sending her flying towards the wall and hitting her back.

The pains were much but the adrenaline pumping in her did not let her stay down.
As she got up,she noticed something strange.
The bite wounds were healing, and where there was once an arm,a tentacle had grown out and was leaking with a yellowish fluid.