Chapter 20

Not proofread/ so excuse typos please, enjoy ❤️

Levi pov:

"Hange open the goddamn door" I said banging on her quarters.

I could hear shuffling from behind the door and eventually it opened showing Hange looking annoyed.

"What is it Levi? Some of us are trying to sleep."

"I need your help, fuck this squad separation I need you" I said as her eyes widened.

"Levi the squad might be separated right now but we're still comrades none the less..whats the problem?"

"Sarada saw Reiner wondering the halls in Walker form."

"What? Why would he do that in the palace? It makes no sense none the less at night time" she said.

"Exactly, the king is doing something behind the scenes and I want to get up close and personal with it to figure out whats going on."

"So what are you suggesting exactly?" She asked.

"We go to the base of operations and get answers, towards the kings chambers." I said.

"I see..so maybe what we find will help us orchestrate what we need to to handle our business." Hange said. "Okay lets go" She said.

We stealthily made our way around the palace ducking and dodging guards who stood in the way, even knocking some of them out and dragging them to secluded hallways.

"These bastards are everywhere." I muttered.

"Which means the king is around somewhere, he wouldn't have the halls heavily guarded if he wasn't nearby" Hange said.

"There, thats his office" I said pointing at the door.

When we got close to the door, Hange tried turning the knob to open it but nothing , it was locked .

"I have an idea" she said digging into her hair, she ended up pulling her ponytail out and held out a bobby pin.

"You're seriously about to pick the lock? Who even taught you that?"

"Levi, I have been on my own for sometime now and have had to find shelters for us to live in how do you think I've gotten in the shelters?" She said working at the door. "Now hush and let me concentrate."

After about 2 minutes of meddling with the door the lock clicked and Hange pushed the door open slightly.

We both entered the office closing the door behind us quietly. The office was completely empty and completely neat and organized.

"Weird where is he?" I asked.

"Look around for clues. Something is fishy, this office is way too organized for a bastard like that." Hange said

We began looking through paperwork and different files at his desk uncovering some fascinating details about everything.

"So he's using an Intravenous Injection mixed with the dna of a walker to turn people." She said.

"Whats that?"

"Normally IV, its an injection going straight into the blood stream, he's using that to turn people, which is probably why their blood changes when turned. He has the files right here, I'm going to take them and see if I can come up with an antidote to reject the injection." She said.