Chapter 31

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." -Kelly Clarkson.

*~*~*~*

"Hey. Yeah, Toby we will be back soon. Emily has a friend over right now." I said into the phone as I left Toby a message.

With a smile on my face as I thought of the two kids playing in the room I walked through the empty halls of the hospital.

"Hey.." A voice slurred behind me.

I turned around to face a man, he looked sane and perfectly sober. He started taking slow steps towards me as I took steps backwards.

He had that look in his eyes that lets you know of his intentions and I so didn't want that at the moment.

"You.. You really don't want to do this." I said.

"Oh darling you're not gonna tell anyone this happened. After all, I can smell that you aren't mated." He said as I grew nervous, the end of the hall was coming closer and without paying attention I had somehow let us enter a secluded area.

He's a werewolf. I can't take him. Oh my god what will I do?

"Does your alpha approve of this?" I ask.

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him. You're not from this pack are you? I haven't seen you around." He said.

I let out a shaky gasp as soon as my back hit the wall. He was really well built and I couldn't run no matter how hard he tried.

"Gotcha!" He whispered into my ear.

I screamed a piercing scream into his ear and then kicked him where the sun don't shine.

This made him back away, startled. One look at him and I ran. I ran like my life depended on it.

My footsteps echoed through the hallway and I knew he wasn't too far behind me.

I ran as I shut my eyes tight, trying to keep running. Then my body collided into another and the impact made me jerk backwards. I'm sure I hurt my shoulder in the process because of the stinging pain.

I took a deep, shaky breath, waiting for the pain to go away and opened my eyes.

The sight in front of me almost made me break down in tears.

"Raymond!" I whispered as I literally jumped on him and hugged him.

I winced as my shoulder made contact with him and he looked confused. Until he heard his footsteps.

"No one can save you now! I'm coming for you!!" He cooed, his voice taunting and sadistic.

I let out a shaky breath as the pain in my shoulder worsened. I looked up at Raymond and hoped that my eyes said enough. I hope that I somehow passed the message that it was in fact me he was talking to.

A light growl rumbled in his chest. It seemed as if he was going to kill his prey.

He lightly pushed me behind him, his hands were shaking. But I decided to stand next to him. I looked up at him and rested my hand on his shoulder.

I saw the man from the corner of my eyes but my gaze was still on Raymond.

"Alpha! Oh it's great to see you! I see that you've met my mate! I was looking for her!" He said, a little overjoyed.

"Raymond." I warned him.

"Why are you calling him by his first name? Darling, he is your alpha!" Said the man again.

Just shut up he's gonna kill you.

It all happened in slow motion, Raymond threw my hand off him and released a thunderous roar. In a split second his fangs extended and he looked like he was ready to kill.

He ran towards the man, pushing him to a wall and shouted at him "SHE IS MY MATE! DON'T EVER TOUCH HER!"

He grabbed his collar and slammed him on to the wall, knocking him out unconscious.

Then he looked at me and took a deep breath. He slowly walked up to me and took me into a slow, comforting embrace.

"You looked ready to kill him. Why didn't you?" I ask.

"I want to. I think I might've. But, you've changed me. I never want you to see that side of me. Ever." He said.

___________

I'm so so sorry! I don't know why I took so long to update! But then some people just added this book to their lists and I was like 'if I want comments I need to update.'

I just want you guys to know I don't give care if you vote or not.. Okay maybe I do.. But what matters the most to me is that you comment! I love to hear how the book is! And I'm slowly working on editing it.

I'm going to delete and add stuff but I'll tell you!

I will keep updating!!

VOTE!!

COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!

FAN!!!!

Love you guys.xI