Chapter 15

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."

*~*~*~*

Raymond breaking down is highly unlikely. Isn't it?

But, everyone has a breaking point. You just don't reach it. Until you've been beaten down and torn apart by the harsh reality of the world.

I never thought the point would come where I would be the one comforting a sick Emily. She was always so cheerful and cute.

But it did. And I would do anything to take back what happened, just so that I don't ever have to see her like that ever again.

*~*~*

Raymond was playing with my fingers, his hand kept brushing over the bandage, as he sat next to me.

"If she's human.. What is she doing here?" I asked, careful about what I say.

"My father killed her mother." He said looking straight in to my eyes, his gaze leaving our hands.

"Where is he now?" I asked, offering his hands a gentle squeeze as a reminder that I'm here.

"I killed him."

He looked so vulnerable. I didn't ask why because I knew that I might be intruding. I did not want to be the reason we take two steps back, no matter how curious I may be.

"I killed him because I hated him. I loathed him Jessica. He.. He.. He was so..." He trailed off, at a loss of words.

"It's okay we don't have to do this now." I whispered and he just nodded.

A few minutes of peaceful silence later he said "Emily might die you know."

I nodded, not wanting to face reality. I just tested my head on his shoulder and looked at the little unconscious figure in front of me.

Soon, Raymond excused himself to go change. This gave me a moment to ponder over stuff.

He killed his own father. But it does seem like he was an awful man. So, there might be an explanation behind it.

Of course there is. There has to be.

I was shaken out of my thoughts when the asleep figure in front of me moved.

She opened her eyes as I made my way towards her.

She tried to sit up but I stopped her. Not that she could if she tried though..

"It's okay I'm here." I said to her as she held her arms out for something.

Realisation struck me. I handed her her teddy bear as Raymond walked into the room.

With black sweatpants and a tight white T-Shirt on.

Now is not the time to drool. You are sitting next to a sick child.

She looked quite uncomfortable so Raymond took her in his arms and started walking upstairs with me following him with the IV bag stand with me.

We lay her down on her bed as little tears escaped her eyes.

"Jwessica it hurts!" She whined and I was by her side in a split second.

"I know honey. But you're strong right? You're the strongest girl that I know." I said and this made the girl crying in my arms interested in what I was saying.

"Really?" She asked, Her eyebrows scrunching up adorably.

"Really." Said Raymond as he sat down next to me on the bed.

I whispered in Emily's ear "Wanna watch Disney movies?"

I was sure Raymond heard when he chuckled.

Emily's face brightened up like the Fourth of July as she nodded furiously.

_________

Okay I have a confession to make...

I have screenshots of all your votes and comments. *blushes* *hides behind Raymond*

And to those who commented *whispers* MeganBown8 and @GenevieveNewman THANKS A LOT!

I really needed that.

What do you think about Emily's cancer? It's sad but everything has been planned out since chapter 2.

And tell me what you think about the characters? Pick one and just rant as much as you like I actually need that.

You can curse them for all I care because I probably want you to !

No I don't hate you Raymond.

Okay so

VOTE!

COMMENT!

FAN?

See you.xx