Chapter 14

"The truth is that everyone is going to hurt you. You just have to find the ones worth stopping for." -Bob Marley

*~*~*

That's all it took. One look at his pained face, I stood up, careful about Emily though.

I was going to walk away. I don't get him. He's more frustrating than Christian Grey.

Just as I crossed him, he grabbed my wrist. His arm was right enough to leave a bruise and with tears stinging in my eyes I snatched it away and ran upstairs and into my room.

I heard his pounding footsteps behind me. As soon as I slid down the doorframe with my head in my hands he started pounding on the door.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't realise what was happening! You've been acting so strange lately... I was scared." He said.

He seemed as if he had given up. He sounded so sorry.

When I finally felt the throbbing of my wrist I looked down at it. It was turning red.

I touched it only to wince. I know it's not broken.

I got up and took out the crape bandage from the first aid kit that was probably in all the rooms.

I bandaged my hand and then I heard Raymond say "baby, please open up!" His pleas kept getting weaker and weaker until a few minutes later I decided to swing open the door.

As soon as he saw my face relief flooded through his features and his tensed figure relaxed as he stepped into the room and hugged me, his face buried into my neck.

He is hugging me right now.

I did not just have a bad dream.

He is hugging me because he actually wants to.

Because he cares enough to.

"I can't lose you too." I heard him whisper. I don't think I was meant to.

I just tangled the fingers of my good hand through his hair and rested the other on his back.

We stayed there for what seemed like seconds but was minutes.

He pulled away and I lowered my hands until he noticed the bandage and frowned.

He gently cradled my wrist in his hands, afraid that he would break me if not not careful enough.

"I did this?" He asked. Disbelief clear in his voice. He was in pain. Not physically but emotionally. Even a blind man could see that. "I hurt you?"

I just pulled my wrist back and covered it with the other.

"Oh curse the heavens I apologise! I didn't mean to... But you're so tiny and fragile." He whispered, still in shock, or so it seemed.

He pulled me to him again. This time my face was buried in his chest and his in my hair. My arms were around his waist.

"It's okay." I whispered. My voice came out husky because of how long I've been silent for.

He just held on tighter.

_______

Okay there used to be a 1% male population reading this book. Come back?

Okay I was saying that I knew you guys existed!! Ghost readers. And everything has gone down. :/ the votes, the comments. But the reads are the same.

10 like every hour.. But tell me. Am I doing something wrong? Because honestly? I'm never satisfied with my work.

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

Laters.x