Chapter 16

"She's still resting?"

"Yea..."

"Don't you need to rest for a little bit as well?"

"Not yet."

"Honestly, Gojo, I can stay here with her, you need to go and rest."

"Drop it, Megumi, how is your wound?"

A faint sigh, "I'm alright, Shoko did a great job."

"Then why are you here? Go check on the other idiots."

"I was worried about Ania, she saved our lives, you know, back there. She put herself first..."

Silence...

"Fushiguro, I need to ask you something..."

"Sure."

"Are you close to her?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I'm just saying, have you known her before this semester?"

"No! I told you, I was only worried for her, and she is nice and I've really grown to care for her..."

"That's not what I'm saying, stupid! Never mind, let it go..."

"Gojo sensie, what is it?"

"Nothing you need to worry about for now..."

•••

Fluttering, my eyelids felt too heavy as I tried to open them and adjust my sight. Glancing around me, I breathed out heavily when I realized I was lying on my bed in my room.

"Good morning..." A deep, cold voice made me jolt under the covers and I quickly looked up to catch a glimpse of white hair sitting at my chair. I sighed again and dropped back into my bed, it was Gojo.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice came out raspy and awful.

"You blacked out after you got injured. You're okay now, don't worry." Satoru said. I couldn't help the uneasy feeling that was settling in my stomach from the tone of his voice. But I shook it off as I tried to recall what happened to me. My hand started reaching for my thigh under the covers, to where I got injured. And to my surprise, I felt nothing. No pain, no injury and my skin was completely healed.

"Shoko used the reversed technique to heal your wound, you're alright."

I nodded at him and pushed myself to sit up over the bed. My body felt stiff from sleeping too much. "How long have I been sleeping?"

"A day and a half..." He said and I finally caught a full sight of him. He was sitting on my chair, crossing his arms and looking at me. His face was emotionless, I couldn't tell if he was glad that I was okay or if he was pissed about something. But considering the way he was talking and the cold tone in his voice, something has gone terribly wrong.

"Satoru, is everything okay?" I faintly asked, adjusting myself to get off the bed. My legs reached the floor and I noticed that I was still in my bloody clothes, and my pants now had a big tear on my right thigh.

Gojo nodded slowly, still not speaking. I felt a knot starting to form in my stomach at his strange attitude. I frowned at him and unconsciously reached for my pocket.

"They're not on you, we emptied your things at the infirmary." He said and nodded to my dresser. "I brought them here."

I followed his nod and saw my things on the dresser. Without saying anything to him, I got up from my bed and walked to it. Getting closer, I saw the personal things that I had on me at the time of the attack. My phone, my cigarettes, my lighter and my wallet.