Chapter 10

This whole day was hell. Since the awful confrontation with Gojo in the morning until now, other than the good deal I made with Yaga, it gave me nothing but constant headaches.

I met with Yaga after leaving Satoru back on the steps, I agreed on the job he offered to me. I will be an assistant teacher to Gojo, which means, I'll have to be with him through all his lectures with his students, and sign as a substitute for him whenever he is unavailable. As dreadful as it is to me, and as much as I hated him, I have to do it. I need to get through this and move on, focus on my career and move on with my life.

I was walking back to my dorm room, carrying a bag full of cup noddles and snacks. It was around 8 p.m. and I hadn't eaten a decent meal since yesterday. Other people would be starving to death by now, but me, I was just a little hungry. Because I think living on scraps and crumbs for three years with Toji did an excellent job with this.

I was about to unlock my door and walk in when my phone started ringing in my pocket. I dropped my bags and fetched it out. The screen read a foreign number but I answered it anyway.

"Hello.." I said, hearing faint music on the other side of the line after answering.

"Yo.. Ania?" A man's voice asked.

"Yes, may I know who this is?"

The man chuckled. "It's me, Satoru!" He said and my free hand balled into a fist instantly.

"How the hell did you get my number?" I half shouted into the poor phone. This man was really something else, and my nerves have had enough of his bullshit for the day.

"Not important, listen..." He brushed off my question and his voice rose a little over the noisy chatter I could hear around him. "I'm going to text you an address, please come as quickly as possible..."

My brows lifted. "Why? Is it a mission? I thought you guys went on a mission already?" I started feeling really suspicious about this phone call.

"Yea, no, just come, I have to go... Ania, get over here..." He shouted and then the line dropped dead.

What the fuck was that?

I unlocked my door quickly and threw the bags over my desk then rushed to head out again. I guess dinner will have to wait.

As I was walking outside to the front gate I got a text from him. Sighing, I opened it and then chose to save his number on my phone. Fucking idiot..

•••

Twenty minutes later and my taxi pulled up in front of... a sushi restaurant!

Was the mission here? Is there some kind of a curse inside that we have to deal with? My mind started wondering. I glanced around me, then through the glass of the front door, everything seemed normal, no one was rushing or freaking out!

I pushed through the glass doors and walked in, it was kind of crowded but looked clean and neat. My eyes started scanning over the people quickly, then finally, they landed on both a white and a pink haired heads fighting with chopsticks in a booth at the far end of the restaurant.

I huffed furiously and walked to them. And as I got closer I noticed they were four, Megumi and Nobara were also here. I finally reached their table and crossed my arms, looking dead at Gojo's face, who was the first one to lift his head up and notice me coming.

"Explain this!" I said, nodding to him and tapping my boot's heel on the floor impatiently. Everyone else got startled and turned to look up at me.

"Oh, Miss Kubo, so glad to see you!" Itadori excitedly announced. I gave him a genuine smile, he was a really nice kid.