Chapter 13

A loud thudding at my door startled me awake from my sleep. I groaned and pushed the covers away. "Who is it?"

Without waiting for an answer I unlocked and swung the door open, causing my eyes to close and grimace at the instant daylight coming through. Then a tall figure came shadowing over me.

"Good morning, sleepy head!" Satoru talked loudly as he quickly and swiftly passed me and entered my room.

I groaned again and closed the door shut. "Why... Why are you here? What fucking time is it now?" I ran my fingers through my messy bed hair nervously, feeling a little self conscious now that he's seeing me in this state.

"It's 7 a.m." He said and plopped himself over my messy bed. When I rubbed at my eyes and opened them properly, I noticed two cardboard coffee cups on my dresser.

"You bought coffee?" I lifted a brow at him. He was really taking this whole new page seriously and I could tell he was trying to be nice.

"Of course.." He shrugged.

I walked over to take one of them. "Well, you didn't have to, and plus, you don't know how I take my coffee, what is this?" I inspected and moved the lid to sniff at the hot liquid inside.

"Black, no sugar, no milk, pure caffeine." Gojo explained and my sleepy eyes widened at him.

"What? How did you know?"

He shrugged again, an amused smile playing on his lips. "Figured you would be a black coffee person. I'm really good at reading people, you know!"

I shook my head at him, smiling, then took a sip of my coffee. Satoru laid further back into my bed and rested his hands behind his head. "Do you always sleep in your clothes?" He asked and that's when I finally realized what I was wearing.

I was still in my last night's clothes. My black slacks and my white oversized button down shirt. Except now, my buttons were opened, reviling my bra and my bare torso.

I cleared my throat that had just gotten burned by the hot coffee. "I do when I'm too tired to change..." My free hand reached to wrap the shirt around me. This's one of the many careless things I grew up doing and got used to. Living the life I was living back then, these things didn't matter. In fact, I would be lucky enough to just have a roof to sleep under. So changing into pajamas or whatever, these things were a luxury I didn't afford. Even if I could afford them now, it just became a habit in me.

I glanced at Satoru, it was hard catching his whole features because his eyes were always covered. But I caught his lips weren't smiling anymore. They were parted, gaping slightly at my bare body. I shook my head and walked to take a throw blanket and wrap it around me. And it sparked something, deep inside. Just this one small action, made me feel nostalgic for some reason...

Satoru smiled. "Cute."

I shrugged as I took a seat on my desk's chair, pulling my knees up to my chest and hugging my cup between my hands. "Old habits die hard..." I murmured then took another sip and gulped it. "What's with this early invasion, anyway? Do we have a mission?"

"No. But we do have some business to attend to." He said, clearing his throat so his hoarse voice can go back to normal.

I took another sip. "I really feel bad leaving my job like this. Is Yaga okay with it?"

"He is, don't worry. The first years are doing great with the second years, they already started training." He said and then sighed, sitting his body upright.

"You seem worried..." I murmured and he lifted his head at me, smiling as usual.

"Am I? Huh!... Well, I guess I will have to tell you eventually, just not here.." He said the last words faintly, like someone might be eavesdropping on us.