Chapter 15

We were all observing the event. Each one of us focused on a specific group. I was watching the first years, worried about them. But more specifically, I kept my eyes on the one person that I was worried about the most, Megumi.
Gojo kept talking and chatting with Mei Mei, as she herself was talking and observing, using her technique that allowed her to watch through animals at the same time.

Then all of a sudden, all the curses burned up, all of them got killed or exorcised, and all of the screens turned black. Without having much time to think about this, we all rushed outside to the event site.

"Satoru, slow down!" I yelled after him, he started running as fast as he could towards the site when a big black curtain started descending over the school grounds. I kicked the ground and ran faster to level with him, trying to enter the curtain before it settles but it was too late. It reached the grounds just before us and shut everything out while keeping the students and whoever was in there with them.

Satoru stopped in front of it and I finally reached him. "What are we gonna do?" I asked panically, my heart thudding hard inside my chest. I looked at him and he was rubbing his chin, thinking.

How could he stay this calm in situations like these!

Satoru then pushed his whole body in, trying to enter this black vale but it got him nowhere, the thick and cursed shadowed curtain did not let him in. Then I heard fast footsteps approaching us and I turned to catch Iori and principle Yoshinobu finally reaching us.

"We can't get through it, old man, got any ideas?" Satoru asked him, his face was still focused on the black vale in front of him, his jaw tight.

"Hey, check this out!" Iori yelled for him and we both turned to her. Her hand, and half of her arm, was inserted through it.

And without thinking, I lifted my hand up and reached for it. Expecting it would shut me out instantly, but to my surprise, it didn't! My hand was freely roaming the cursed curtain. "Strange?"

"I see..." Satoru finally said, a hint of a smile started playing on his lips. "This cursed curtain has been tampered with. It is supposed to let anyone in and out, anyone, except for Satoru Gojo." He said and I frowned at his words, why would anyone do that?

"Iori, old man, you go ahead. The students' safety is our priority." He instructed them and they wasted no time waiting.

"I'm going in as well." I said and started walking to enter but I instantly felt strong fingers wrapping around my wrist, yanking me back.

"You.. are staying with me." Gojo looked at me, his face was not playful anymore but dead serious.

"What? No, I'm going in, I need to help them!" I tried pulling my arm out of his reach but failed.

"Stay close, Ania, we don't know what's in there and..."

I cut him off. "Exactly, Satoru, we don't know what's in there! I have to go help Megumi..." I blurted out without actually realizing what I was saying. Not until Gojo's brows furrowed down at me.

"I meant Megumi and the rest of the first years, they're our responsibility." I said and felt my chest rising and falling quickly as I tried to control my breathing.

I just lied to him, and he knows I just lied...

Satoru gave me a long stare, letting a second pass, then he lifted his hand off my wrist and turned to look at the curtain again. "Go and find them. But don't try anything stupid!" He looked at me again. "Whoever did this curtain, they're strong and dangerous. Ania, don't play hero!"

"What? Too jealous someone is taking your spotlight?"

"I'm fucking serious, Ania!" His fingers suddenly moved, not to my arm again but up, to my face, and he grabbed it. His fingers cupping the side of my jawline. "Keep them safe, and wait until I figure things out here, understood?"