Chapter 55: A Lovely day to say Goodbye Family

I'm really done, so I just wanna say now, thank you for reading my first story, it's been one long ride and I appreciate you all for sticking around and reading through this trash heap lol. This book may have one or two more chapters only to close out and give a solid conclusion but otherwise nothing else. Anyways, thank you, from the bottom of my heart, and I wish you all a magnificent morning, afternoon, or night! -R

------------4 months later-------------

----------------Percy's POV: ----------------

Tonight, was the night. I admit, I struggled a bit with not only getting Annabeth's parents' permission, as well as convincing Bruce that I was ready to be engaged but it was all worth it, because in the end, I got everything I needed. A reservation, a lovely dinner, surprise, everything. 

My plan was in motion. 

I'd already invited Annabeth so it was only a matter of proposing. 

But the proposal wasn't the only surprise going around. Annabeth had confessed to me a while back that she'd still like to go to college. 

I agreed. 

We'd made preparations to go to New Rome for college but I hadn't exactly broken the news to anybody yet. I didn't want them freaking out about my leave. I knew it would be a mess but I wanted to balance out the bad news with hopefully good news. 

"Hey Perc, you ready to go?" I looked over from my spot near the mirror. Guess I'd lost myself in thought while I was getting ready. I spotted Annabeth, her smiling face peaking in from the door. 

gods she was magnificent. 

"Yeah, I'm ready!" I replied, quickly ruffling through my hair once more before grabbing my wallet. I turned back to the door to see that Annabeth had left, leaving me alone. With a quick motion I grabbed the small box from the table, shoving it inside my pocket. While I had trouble choosing between wearing a dress and a suit, I decided for the sake of pockets and comfort that I'd just go with a suit. 

In all honesty, I'd have to say the pros were heavily outweighing the cons. 

But that didn't matter now though, what mattered was actually proposing. 

I felt a smile rise to my face at the thought as I turned to run out the room, finding Annabeth outside the door waiting in her stunning grey dress. 

"Alright wise girl" I put out my arm, her arm soon locking with my own. "Time to go on the best date of your life!" 

Annabeth let out a chuckle, shaking her head. "You say that every time seaweed brain."

"Yeah, and I mean it every time, don't I?" I replied, earning another laugh.

"Whatever" She rolled her eyes before starting us on our way down the hall and eventually down the stairs. I'd convinced Alfred to take us out so that I wouldn't have to ask one of the guys. as much as I love them, they're not exactly the ones I trust as my wingmen. 

We both made our way outside, finding the limo out front. 

"Ooooh, fancy this time huh?" she asked in a sarcastic tone. I'd trained her well.