Chapter 41: Not again

I got up with a start, pushing myself up into a sitting position. I quickly calmed my breathing. That stupid dream has been haunting me for two months now. It's always the same thing and for some reason my counterpart never manages to reach everyone in time. 

I pushed myself off the bed and headed to the bathroom to freshen up. I quickly took a shower letting the water comfort me. Afterwards I brushed my teeth and then headed downstairs. Before I could I felt a buzz in my pocket. I looked down realizing that I had fallen asleep in my jeans. 

I sighed before grabbing my phone to see what was up. On the screen was an alert from the team. It was calling us in for a mission, apparently it was urgent because even Annabeth was on the list. I trudged back up the stairs and walked into my room, quickly changing into my vigilante outfit before heading over to Annabeth's room. Her room was a lot nicer then mine. She had bookshelves filled to the brim with different titles and a desk over in the corner, lots of papers were hanging off the side, more were crumpled up and thrown a few feet away. 

I saw Annabeth run out of her closet her outfit on. We'd decided if she were to need to go out as Sophos again we'd have to get her an actual outfit so her costume was some black leggings and a white shirt, she also had a cloak that covered her face and hair though just in case she had a mask like mine on. 

"You ready to leave?" She asked. I nodded before we sprinted to the batcave.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time we had arrived at the cave everyone else was there lined up and getting briefed. I quickly got into the lineup and hoped we hadn't missed the main points yet.

"Thanks for joining us Riptide, Sophos" Bruce sounded unamused. 

"Sorry Bats!" I replied. This earned a snicker from Jason who was standing near the Justice league with Dick. Tim and Damien were in the lineup with me and Annabeth as well as the rest of the yj team. 

"Now back to the report. Lately we have been receiving strange reports from a place located a couple cities away from here." A building appeared on the screen. It was massive and had a huge skylight in the middle of it. "Apparently there have been local reports of strange transmissions going out of a shadow like figure who claims that they will 'end the world'. We sent out a scout to try and get information on what may be inside but before we could..." The screen turned from the photo of the building to a video of a drone flying towards the building. Before it could even get to the door a random whirring noise appeared and the drone fell to the ground. A buzzing could be heard going further and further away.

"Now we can't take any chances and it seems that they do have security so we need to get in there and shut this down." The others all nodded. 

"Now, off we go, Red Robin assign your group roles." Batman walked off with the justice league leaving me and Annabeth with the yj league. I walked over to Tim and elbowed him playfully. "Look at you man!" I could feel his eye roll behind the mask. 

"Come on Riptide, lets go." We headed straight for the plane, my mortal or well I guess Godly nemesis. 

Annabeth grabbed my hand which helped me to relax. We both boarded the plane and took a seat near the back. I was so not ready for the flight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, the ride was awful. Of course Zeus played with my emotions by making it rain while we flew, every slight noise practically gave me a heart attack. The only thing that kept me from jumping out was Annabeth and the fact that I'd be left in his domain with no savior.