Chapter 27: Only one

"Perc! Yo Percy you in there?" Jason's voice rang out against the room making me and Annabeth jump slightly from the sudden noise.

I stood up and walked over to the door leaving Annabeth on the bed.

I opened the door, peeking my head out so that he couldn't see in my room.

"Yo, what's up Jason?" I asked, trying not to sound like I'm hiding anything.

He bought it... how was this man a hero???

"Just want to check on you, you've been hanging out with your friends a lot this week, just wanted to make sure everything is okay" He asked a bit of concern lacing his speech.

I nodded and gave him a grateful smile. "Yeah, actually everything is great..." Should I introduce them now? 

"You wanna come in actually?"

He seemed a bit surprised but a large smile formed on his face. "Yeah, I'd love to!"

I let him in making sure no one was behind him as I closed the door behind him.

"Yo, Perc, who is this?" He was staring right at Annabeth who had a kind smile on and was looking back at him.

"Why don't you ask her, not me?" I smile as I go and sit next to her on the bed.

He nods and pulls over a beanbag. " Hi I'm Jason Todd, now who are you exactly?"

" I'm Annabeth Chase, nice to meet you Jason"

"So how do you know Percy?" Jason asks, obviously a little lost on where to take the conversation.

Annabeth gave me a quick glance, and with a small nod she laid her head against my shoulder. "Oh, you know, just her girlfriend"

Jason just nodded, the new information not completely setting in. A minute later of silence he finally understood, his eyes opened to the size of saucers as he looked between us.

" You have a girlfriend?" I nodded my smile slowly getting bigger.

"And you " He pointed to Annie "are her girlfriend," Annabeth nodded.

" And why didn't you say anything!? Especially when she looks like that!" He points to Annabeth while looking directly at me.

I chuckle slightly "Oh, I don't know"

He pauses before smiling maliciously. "wait...am I the first to know?"

"Well, Bruce knows, and I'm sure Alfred knows but other than that, no, no one else knows."

He nods slowly.

"So I finally know something the others don't?" I could sense the excitement growing within him.

I nodded "yep"

He starts laughing like a maniac as he lets out various cheers. Annabeth gives me a concerned look. I just shrug and we wait for him to calm down.

"Okay Annabeth, tell me about yourself!" He seemed ecstatic to get to know her. Or he was still relishing in the fact that he finally knew more than his brothers. I didn't mind either option.

We spent the next couple of hours explaining how we met, and what we've done together (obviously the least concerning version) and all that jazz.

---------Time skip--------

After talking for a while Alfred came to the door and called us all down for dinner.

We made our way down stairs still talking and joking, Annabeth and Jason were getting along great, which honestly worked for me.