Chapter 3: A new home

------previously-----

These thoughts were there till I saw my uncle. I knew immediately he was going to be nothing like my mother, maybe it was the striking blue eyes, or the permanent scowl on his face. Besides him being an older man, he seemed to be a bit more kind, judging from appearances of course. I walked up to them not saying a word. The man who I assume to be my uncle just stares at me for a couple uncomfortable seconds until her finally says " Hello Persephone"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's Percy" My voice was a little harsher than intended but honestly I felt it was justified, I was tired and wanted to curl into a ball and cry.

He grunted in response then continued "I'm Bruce Wayne, and this is my butler Alfred Pennyworth," said man waved to me, a small smile on his face.

" Hello Miss Persephone"

"Once again it's Percy, but hello"

" Might I help you and your belongings into the car?" He was already reaching for my bag.

It was then that I realized they were standing in front of a limo. It was sleek and very pretty, if I was being honest.

I looked back up to Alfred and shook my head, as I clutched my things closer to me, almost in a protective manner.

He just nodded and guided me into the car.

I got in and sat down finally relaxing a bit as the car started moving.

_______Time skip______

It had been a couple hours when the car finally came to a stop. I had been watching out the window the whole time as I had little else to do.

As we pulled up to the large mansion I couldn't help but gape at it, I wouldn't have been too interested in these buildings a couple years ago but after dating An- After her influence on me, I had to admire the architecture. It was stunning and I'm sure she would have loved it.

I was helped out of the car by Alfred and soon I was following Bruce and Alfred into the large structure, and to say the carpet matches the drapes was an understatement. The inside was just as stunning if not more stunning than the outside. Though even I had to admit it was really dark, even for an older house. Bruce kept walking but said while leaving " Alfred show Percy to her room, let her get settled in, we can have introductions later" Alfred just nodded and guided me through the mansion. I got lost after the third turn, I knew this wasn't going to be good but I kept going. I don't want to be a nuisance so early into my stay.

Eventually we made it to a plain door, on the way we passed a couple of doors with name plates on them, the names being Dick, Jason, Tim, Damien.

He leads me in with a small smile "Make yourself at home Miss Persephone '' I just nod, putting on a half smile, even when I try to fake it, it doesn't seem quite right. He leaves the room, leaving me in a large quiet room. The room itself was nice, but it was massive, like the size of my mothers apartment.

I decided to unpack a few things. I walked over to a desk in the corner. I set down a couple frames, most of them were of me and my friends, one was on the Argo II, we all looked happy.

 Normal.

 The others were pictures of me throughout the years, mostly of me and my friends in camp half-blood, some were of me, my mother, and step father. The final one was my favorite, it was a picture of me and Annabeth, it was the picture of us sharing our first kiss. It was underwater, the setting was perfect, until the Stolls came and took a picture of us. The only reason Annie didn't kill them was because she managed to get the photo from them and it just so happened to be my favorite one yet.

I smiled slightly at the fond memories till my situation came flooding back. I took this photo and set it on my bed stand, a tear somehow making its way down my face. 

Before I realized it I was on the floor leaning against the bed for support as my vision was blurred by the tears filling my eyes. I knew I had to stop this before it became something much worse but it felt good to let it out, so I cried. I sobbed silently, obscured by the shadow of the bed. It was like a flood of emotions was being released, crashing into my heart over and over, forcing me to remember every detail from that treacherous day. The lifeless bodies, the dust floating in the air almost suffocating me, the cries for help. It all came flooding in. I could feel myself slipping further and further down this slope till suddenly I heard a knock at the door.

It was like a loud clap in a silent room. I quickly evaporated the tears from my face. 

There was another knock at the door " Miss Persephone? Is everything alright?" I quietly clear my throat before saying. " Yes Alfred, I'm okay"

He quickly responded with " I'm glad, dinner is ready downstairs, please join us"

" alright thank you... actually can you help me there, I don't actually know where I am going"

" Of course"

I checked my appearance in the mirror, I looked awful, my eyes puffy and slightly red, though it was only noticeable if you were looking for it. I rubbed my cheeks again trying to clear any evidence of my previous breakdown.

I left the room and silently followed Alfred down the hall, not prepared for the stares I was about to receive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so maybe I lied a bit, this one really isn't too much longer but I hope I can make them longer.

1012 words