Chapter 22: My first and last mission

I had been on the team for over two weeks and nothing interesting has happened yet, no ones even helped me with my case yet.

It was frustrating I do have to admit but I found the team pretty nice.

Me'gan had heart, though her baking could use some work, I had to resort to cooking for the team, I helped to teach Me'gan just in case...well you never know what could happen to me.

On a lighter note things were going well.

I was currently sitting on the couch in silence staring at the screen. Static was all that was playing. Connor was on the chair a bit away staring intently at the tv. Personally I didn't mind so I just stayed silent.

We sat there for a while till Wally came in, he stared at us for a second before yelling "NIGHT WING WE HAVE ANOTHER ONE!!" before running off.

Before anyone could come back we were called over for a mission, so I followed the lead of everyone else and stood and waited to be told our assignment. Dick was standing over by Bruce, and in the line up of heroes was Tim.

"There's been some activity seen down by the dock's so I need you all to check it out. It's only a observation based mission so do not engage in combat, just go in get information and come out"

We all nodded.

"Now be off" He walked off and I followed the others. That was until I saw what we were going off in.

"O-oh no, nononono, I don't do planes, I CAN'T do planes" I could feel the blood draining from my face as I whispered this to myself, no one but Connor seemed to notice this.

He turned back a look of sympathy on his face.

At this point everyone had gotten on and I still was trying to get the will to even put one foot on the plane.

"Come on Riptide! We have to go!" Wally yelled from inside.

"I-I know I'm coming!" I walked in and sat down buckling myself in immediately. I gripped onto the sides of the chairs and gripped like my life depended on it, which it kinda did.

I could feel the plane lift up and immediately my stomach said no. Before I had Jason who prevented me from being shot down, but who was there now?

I felt a crack under my grip but I didn't pay mind to it. "Uh Riptide is everything okay?" I heard Me'gan ask, and that was when I felt it, someone, no not someone, Me'gan was trying to get into my head.

I gave her a bit too much of my wolf glare then I had intended and she visibly shrank away from me.

"Stay out of my head, I don't need someone else to invade my space"

She nodded quickly and focused on what was ahead and I could tell this threw the others off and caused them to be more weary of me but at the moment I didn't care. I was currently trying to pray to anyone that would listen to not have Zeus shoot me out of the sky.

We finally landed and I practically sprinted off the ship. I swear that once I hit the land I kissed the ground.

"Uh, Riptide you okay?"  Red Robin asked, a bit of concern seeping into his voice.

"Oh yeah I'm just fine! Haha" I scratch the back of my neck.

Kaldur clears his throat directing all our attention to him.

"Everyone stay quiet, only talk through the mind link"

At this I knew it was gonna get bad.

"Riptide this means you have to allow Me'gan into your head" Kaldur says