12- Vanilla

So I'm not promising anything, considering the fact I'm not done with Eons yet, but I needed a break from it and decided I should, at least, update a chapter of Vanilla. Since everyone's been waiting for it.

Plus, it's 2023.

Enjoy :)

~

I stare at my phone, a rare smile gracing my face before I focus back on the road, my hand tightening around the wheel.

Of course, I know what Ki's doing and a part of me has missed it. Plus, he would obviously try getting back at me for leaving the bed even though I promised I'd stay, not that I broke it, I stayed till the sun rose, then left.

And Caramel...

Truth was, I wasn't sure how to even talk to him. What I had done, how I had reacted, wasn't exactly how I planned for that day to go. Everything... The way they were to each other, the chaos, the destruction, it all had me snapping.

I had waited half a decade to come back, and maybe I had expected warm hugs and kisses, and maybe a bit of what we had, but— But not this, and any sane person would break under all of it.

Five years of hiding, with a different name, away from people, being honed to turn to an entirely different person. To be a cat with nine lives.

"I can't go on, godfather," The girl speaking cam barely stand, her hand holding unto the wall for support says, her throat burns, and her eyes can't stay up any longer

Immediately those words leave her mouth, she feels the crack of the whip he holds on her back and she gasped, Saiki walking to her as he whispers with obvious anger in his voice from behind, "In japanese, Koneko."

"I'm tired," She coughs out, the tears pouring out of her eyes. Ever since she was let out of my room, he had not let her eat, or drink anything. Going over and over one note till she could feel blood pool in her mouth. "I don't want this. I don't— I don't want to live like this."

She waits for the whip again, because if there is anything Kobayashi hated more than anything, it was a person that showed any sign of weakness, which was what she was showing now.

He walks and stands in front of her now, dark eyes glaring. The first day she was brought to him, that cold, calculative gaze of his stared at her like he was doing now, the disapproval and disgust at her behavior.

Except now, the disapproval and disgust in his eyes had vanished, instead what was left was a blazing fire that threatened to burn her down if she dared let out another peep.

"How dare you stand in front of me, and tell me those— Those stupid words?" He snapped, his eyes twitching like he was barely holding himself from hitting her. "Want? Did you just say 'want'? No one cares about what you want, and the sooner you understand that. The better for you. Ilya went through hell to smuggle you here, and I am going through shit to make sure that you are a polished diamond from the ugly stone you were sent to me. So the best you can do, is be grateful."

"I can't be grateful if you keep treating me like this. Doctor Sweet—"

"I and that woman are nothing alike," He swiftly cut in, moving closer to her. "I will tear you apart, destroy whatever faith you have left, until you recognize that no one cares for you, no one wants you, and all you have, is yourself, or I swear, my name is not Saiki Kobayashi."