11- Kai

Hi, I'm A, but some people call me Vee. What's your name?

~

Greed: Desire to want more than you already have, even though what you have is enough.

~

Vanilla managed to avoid us seeing her for one whole week.

Ever since she brought Mel back to the lighthouse and she went on her disappearing act, he stayed by himself inside the room she gave him while I only ever saw him when I was bringing him food.

And as much as that hurt, being alone every single second I woke up, and also for the rest of day in a big house as this one, would be able to drive anyone to insanity.

It's not like I didn't try to actually get her attention, or catch her, I did, but Vanilla, the witch. It was like she didn't sleep or wasn't even human.

That was why yesterday at 2am, I was positively surprised about the loud sounds I heard coming from the kitchen. It was the first time I'd wake up with a choir of kitchen utensils, and most especially, her.

She had always been smart enough to be radio silent and I knew no one in their right senses would try to rob a lighthouse's kitchen in the middle of nowhere.

Eventually, with my droopy eyes and aching head, I joined her in the same place she was, watching her search through cabinets and drawers with one hand while the other clutched her stomach.

She looked thinner than I remember. Wouldn't even be surprised she wasn't eating right and she seemed to busy that the fact she didn't even hear me come, wasn't so shocking.

So to alert her, I coughed.

Her immediate reaction was to turn and take a stance, like she had forgotten this was her home and no one hurt her here, but when her eyes spotted me, the hunted look in her eyes reduced to tired ones.

And my eyes, moved to the red stain spreading on the white shirt she was wearing.

The first thing to do, that any normal person would do, is panic, but instead, I walked to the sink and rinsed my hand under the faucet. "The kit is in our room,"

With those words, I walked away and she followed. When we got in, she sat on my bed while I stayed on the chair next to my desk, facing her.

Her skin was already looking pale but her blue eyes didn't exactly signify much pain as she should have.

As I brought the kit out, she took off the shirt and stayed in her bra, hissing and wincing with every move while I took out the bottle of alcohol, cotton balls and plaster. "What is it?"

"Glass." She breathed out.

I looked up at her at those words, trying to control the buzzing in my head. Glass? Of all things? Glass? "Glass?"

She nodded.

My eyes moved to her stomach. There was a lot of bed to signify it might have punctured something but she'd never go to a hospital so instead, I leave the return glasses, gloves and a kidney dish and tweezers.