CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

MAYA POV

I was tired of partying more especially with the paparazzi present in and around the venue. Charles and Charlotte were still loved up on the dance floor when I felt sleepy beside Lewis. He was an interesting character and we had talked for the better part of the night. A lot of people loved him and his presence drew more attention to us.

"Lewis it seems natures tryna have its way, I think I need some sleep as it's been a long day", I slowly said as I tried to finish the champagne in the glass flute on my left hand. It had always been very easy for me to control my alcohol intake so I wasn't even the tiniest form of tipsy.

"The driver will take us back at the hotel but I sure would come back here", Lewis replied and we got up to leave.

Lewis was a fine gentleman and apart from the fact that he was one of the most talked about men in the world he was a good person. A listener and and adviser. During the ride back to the hotel he subtly tried to convince me about the tension between Neymar and I even though he didn't call his name but I knew who it was directed at. He managed to make we want to try again with Neymar but I hoped it won't be a futile venture as he spoke till we arrived back at the hotel.

"You've given it a good thought I can see..!!!", he said with a wide smile as I held my purse and prepared to step out. He knew his effort was successful and I couldn't even hide it.

"Well, I will give you the details if anything happens", I replied as I reached out to hug him.

"Pinky Promise?", he asked me making us both laugh out loud.

"Jeeze that's so high school Lewis but fine", I answered and smiled while we locked our pinkies together before leaving the car.

The hotel was by the beach and I thought of going straight to my hotel room but I felt an urge to take a walk on its bank. It was late in the night but there was security in the part close to the hotel so it felt convenient to take a late night wan there. I took off my shoes and held them on my left hand while I walked bare footed on the sharp sand which caused a tingling feeling in my legs. It had been a while I had been here and it was with Neymar when we were still married. There was this sudden rush of blood to my head while I remembered conversations we had here and I paused to get a hold on myself  while I tilted my head backwards till I heard someone shout.

I would have asked who called out my name but I knew the voice that even if I heard it in my sleep I would recognize whose lips that sound originated from.

"Maya", he called out again and I turned slowly to look at my ex-husband whose hazel brown eyes were glittering in the light at the beach.

"Neymar", I called though it was like my voice was a bit stuck in my throat. All the courage I had before I left Lewis' car seemed to dwindle but when he took some steps towards me I felt them reignite and took a step towards him.

"Can we talk?", he asked after he got to me and held my hand but I was still almost rooted in the sand that I didn't know if to move or not anymore.

"Yea", I responded and we walked closer to the sea and sat down on the sand. There was a lot of nostalgia at the moment as it reminded me of how we once were.

"I know you must feel I'm a douche-bag Maya but I want you to just listen to me, He paused as he took his eyes of me and looked at the sand, he seemed to be getting nervous as he tried explaining himself.

"Rafaela got into my head and I became scared that someone will eventually take you from me, I don't know why I intentionally let her get to me but I became jealous of all the attention you received, i need you to forgive me for my behavior towards you and that's all I need to move forward in life, I have now totally let go of what happened in the past between us and I promise it will never come up again between us, I don't care what my parents or sister say anymore, I want you to know that I will commit myself to you but that would be if you are willing to forgive me and commit yourself to me, I believe we can work this out and anytime you are ready for us to go public we will go public, Maya it's all or nothing and I want to know if you are okay with what I'm proposing", Neymar careful spoke to me as we held hands but at this time his eyes were now fixed back on mine.