What's in the fucking box!

Start from the beginning

We stand there for a while in silence, he just leans his head against the wall and closes his eyes. I want to say something, anything but I don't know if I should.

"Elizabeth?"

"Yeah?"

"What did you guys talk about?"

"Ummm, we talked about our childhood and why we were there. I didn't give him any dire information or anything, and I swear I didn't know who he was." The words tumble out of my mouth.

"I believe you, I just needed to know." His eyes open and they land on me. "I want to beat his ass right now." 

"I know you do, how much time is left until our ride shows up?"

"10 minutes." I snuggle myself in his arms, wanting to feel his heat radiate onto me. "Hey, when we get back to the hotel, give me some of those nachos, I'm hungry."

I grin, "I'll give you some, this is too much for me to eat alone anyway."

He leans his head back, "You want to know something crazy?" He asked.

"Wow me."

"Before the football game started, James told me he would take you away from me like he did Jessie."

I hold my breath, "What." I could never see myself with James. He's an ass and a horrible friend. How could he get such a nice person like Jessie.

He chuckles, "I know, it sounds crazy." That's why he was so mad before the game started.

"You know he will never have me. I'm all yours."

He smiles down at me, "I know. I was so stupid to think that he could have you. You're all mine, E." He says it more to himself.

Then the conversation of that is over.

"You got some gum; my mouth is getting that nasty taste in it." He asked, smacking around his lips.

"I should have some, check the pockets." Since I can't open my bag because I'm holding the nachos, I push my bag over with my hip so he can have better access. He digs around, and finds the gum, but also pulls out something else. It's the gift he got me for my dorm warming party that I never opened. Damn, I forgot I put it in there. 

He stares at the small box in his hand, moving it around like a bomb. "You never opened it?"

"No." 

"Why not. I- I don't understand." 

I sigh, "You gave it to me when we weren't talking, I was scared to open it. At that time, I was trying to move on from you, opening this gift would have been me opening up Pandora's box. I just couldn't handle it."

"What about now, can you handle it now?"

I look at the box in his hand, taunting me to wonder what's inside of it. "I don't know." 

He opens the gift without my permission, "Wait, Andreas-"

When I look at what's in the box, I start to laugh. It's a music box, a fucking music box, and it was so beautiful.

A small, wooden box with beautiful carvings on the side of it. A little handle to turn the box so it opens it and creates music. "I was at this antique shop, and I saw it and thought of you. The song is from the olden times. When you open it up, a Burlesque dancer comes out. Want to see?" He asked.

I nod my head eagerly. He operates the handle and the little music plays, the box pops open, and out comes a black burlesque dancer with feathers all over her and a smile on her face. She swayed her hips from side to side as she danced to the music. As he held the box, I started smiling like a chimp, it was such a simple gift, but I loved it so much. It's the first gift he ever bought me and I'll always cherish it.