Chapter 21

Moon's POV

     "Aren't you looking out of the window a little too much lately Sister?" Gabriella asked. I licked my dry lips and looked at her.

   "Owww... Was it because you can see the participants... Or should I say your lover all the way from here?" She smirked.

  "I'm busy, don't disturb me." I replied. "Busy finding your lady all the way from here?" She chuckled.

  "You know you need to go there to be able to tell who are the people coming out of the Annex, sister." I rolled my eyes.

  "I know that." I replied and looked back at the building where all the concubines reside. It's true the Annex is a little too far from the main building. I had to go to the main castle grounds and the garden to be able to reach there but in this angle, I'm happy I could at least have a peek of what's happening outside the building.

   I just happen to not bring my binoculars to be able to see clearly. I could always bring one next time since the Annex could be seen all the way from my office.

  I was missing her but the palace duties can get hectic. I could not even enjoy one course meal without thinking about things to be done but as ironic as it sounds, in the middle of these crazy schedules I always manage to pinch in the thought of Amira, even for just a minute.

  "Don't worry sister. Thinking about her too much might make you miss her even more that you might show up in her dreams." Gabriella chuckled.

  "As if that could stop me from thinking about her." I  mumbled to myself and sighed and sat on the chair, ready to read through these pages that needed to be signed.

"What can I say? As what foreign people would  say, 'You are whipped.'" Gabriella chuckled.

   "I've never been 'whipped' before." My brows furrowed.

"Well, you are now." She shrugged and smirked.

  "Are you really planning on making her your concubine, sister?" Gabriella suddenly asked.

  "That's none of your business, Gab." I  replied while busying myself with the paperwork.

  "Well it is since I'm an Imperial Family." She said in an obvious as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

  "Fine..." I rolled my eyes. "Yes." I immediately answered and looked at her who had her eyes twinkling in excitement.

  "That is only IF... She can still stand till the final line up. Elimination is after the end of the Spring Festival. That part is beyond my control because the voting and examination is under the Priestess and the LineUp Head Administrator."

  "Yikes..." Gabriella had her face scrunched at the thought of the neck-to-neck fight of  daughters and sons from different families from different status just to not get eliminated.

  "What about the people who you'll be marrying to the Imperial Family? Someone has to be the Emperor in the monarch-"

  "Sister..." I cut her off.

" Does it not occur to you that in the eyes of many people, I am genderless. I could be a man... Or a woman. Therefore, I am enough to be an Empress and The region's Emperor. I can f*ck the family customs goodbye and make a new one when I get to sit on that throne ." I turned to stare at her as she looked at me with disbelief written all over her face.

"Now you sound like my sister." She smirked.

Amira's POV

   The Upcoming Festival of the Season is fast approaching. Which means the concubines have to practice for an entertainment number.