Chapter 4

Amira's POV

   I don't know how but I survived the whole day getting stared at from random people. At least the things that needed to be tended distracted me from the shame I felt just minutes ago. Yet I was still never at ease the whole time. My face is on everyone's morning news for f*ck sake! What's worse is that I, a foreigner working in this country getting entangled with a ROYALTY. A F*CKING ROYALTY! BLASPHEMY, as what the citizens would say.

  Quinn's information now sounded like it made sense. The hot handsome lady owning a chateaux and probably net worth's something with lots of zero's on the bank. A MAD RICH RACER ALL IN ALL.

  But other than that, All I could say was my day was stressful. I was fortunate enough to work in a library or else I'd be bombarded with unnecessary noises . I couldn't wait to go home and call my mom to ask how she and Riley are and go to sleep. They don't need to know I was plastered on t.v with false allegations.

   Just after my shift is over, I quickly went out of the other exit to walk back home.  The alley is dark yet peacefully dangerous and as strange as it already is, like the stares were ever good enough to kick in my anxiety, I felt like someone is following me. I might have lost my mind but I clearly know that they are about few feet away.

  Making sure not to look back and not knowing you're suspicious of what's around you would be the best choice. Just like a chicken on the loose, I sprinted down the streets to the nearest crowded place in seconds like a track star. Seeing people walking and minding their own business in this area made me sigh in relief and looked back.

  No one was there.  I might probably have just scared myself and I may or may not have embarrassed myself by sprinting down the streets in heels. But I just had to be sure.  The night isnt the safest time to go out either.

  When I arrived to the last block to my place, I noticed all my belongings out of the place with the landlord standing by the main entrance.

  "Ma'am, what is going on?" I exclaimed. I'm not getting evicted today, am I?

 She looked at me apologetically. "I'm sorry child but the new owner demanded to have the people evicted by today so they can start their project on turning this into a hotel bar tomorrow. I couldn't go against him or he'll terminate the deal. I'm not getting any younger, dearest. I need to sell this place to go back to the countryside for good. I have no family to take over this place." I sighed. I should've known this was coming but I understand her. If I were her I wouldn't be able to decline a good offer especially when it's all in cash. She was a nice old lady and she helped keep the place tidy.

 "What about everyone else?" I asked

"They all left with their belongings this morning. If you want, I can give you the other half of what you payed for this month." I forced a smile. I can't go mad at her, she reminds me of my mom and she's been the tenants' mother ever since we got here.

  "It's okay Ma'am. You can have it.  It's not a big deal, I promise." I said as I soothed her back. 

"I'm so sorry, child." she apologized again. I don't know why but I felt like wanting to hug her. I might not be able to see her again but she was one of the people who helped me whenever I feel homesick.

 "It's alright, Ma'am. I'll stay at my friend's for the night. Please get inside, it's quite chilly out." I responded.

 "Will you be alright on your own, child?"

 "Of coarse. I'm a big girl after all." I chuckled. "I'll miss you. You take care dearest."  I smiled as she walked back inside the place.

 "You too." I whispered back and my shoulder slumped when she was nowhere to be seen now. I wanted to scream. I'm now homeless and I have no choice but to contact my one and only friend again. Atleast I don't have that much stuff or furniture to move so I'm all good.