Chapter 11

Amira's POV

    I walked a little faster, leaving Moon behind. I could not take the shame and look straight into her eyes.

  She also avoided looking at my direction. I bet the situation of flashing my boobs after an intense race was too much to handle.

Dear Lord, I was ready to just jump out of the window and call it a day but now that the second Princess has arrived, the pressure to stay in character was starting to feel tricky. I could not even hold Moon's hand without looking like a robot walking so stiffly.

  "Her Imperial Highness, Princess Moonbyul-yi and Lady Amira." Our names were announced as we entered into a room full of another unfamiliar group of people. This time, they are dressed more elegantly as ladies wear such luxurious looking diamond tiaras. Looking down the staircase, I silently prayed that I do not slip or end up embarrassing Moon with my two left feet. One slip can break not one but two backs if I look in front of me cross eyed.

 I pushed the bothering lump stuck in my throat, feeling the fear and took small steps down the flight of stairs. I grabbed the dress up to my knee to be able to see my steps as the other hand held unto Moon. The dress doesn't seem like my size too. I couldn't even see my toes even when I walk and I'm not even wearing a ball gown.

  To my relief, Moon was considerate enough and took her time to wait for me to step down each stairs .

  "Is that Lady going to be the future Empress' Concubine?" I heard a man asked.

 "I'm afraid so. The late Emperor didn't have any back in his days. Only the late Empress have and followed by the current Emperor when his wife died. I could remember clearly that the last concubine line up happened to be about 23 years ago."

 "She has the looks but it appears to be just that. Seems like she is of low class to me."

 "Oh my, How could you say that so idly, Marchioness?"

 "The way she walks has just no spark of elegance. I'm pretty sure the Concubine Line Up will still push through even with or without her in the picture of participants."

 "Now that you say that, The Line Up is as important as pageantry. No one can just be a concubine out of nowhere. Such title should be earned."

  I sighed at their comments again. These m*therf*ckers sure do talk shamelessly even infront of the future Empress. I almost forgot, I am not a noble so they always criticize mercilessly like my nosy neighbors back at home.

  I fought the urge to roll my eyes as the unnecessary opinions were non-stop till we stood infront of them. It almost sounded like shooing buzzing flies because they got quiet almost instantly.

  I remember what Moon said about how people can be very envious of where I am. It makes sense now that regardless of all the jewels in their hand that worth more than my yearly salary, they're still unhappy enough to check on people like me.

  When we successfully stayed on the center with Her Highness Byul, The trumpets suddenly took off and invaded my ears indicating that the Emperor and the Queen was about to make an entrance.

   "I present, The sun of the Empire, His Imperial Highness Emperor Alaric and Her Majesty Queen Olive." We all bowed down as they made their entrance. These two people hold such elegance and great composure that it even intimidated me.

   I noticed that the second Princess was not there.

"Where's the second Princess?"

 "Isn't she the birthday celebrant?"