Chapter 16

Amira's POV

    "Come with me." I tilted my head in confusion as she sat on the balcony railings. She managed to take a visit in the Annex to make a morning greeting to the participants during breakfast but somehow she never  left and happened to stay in my room unexpectedly sneakily. 

  "Where to, Your Majesty?" I asked.

"Firstly, It's Moon and second, I want to take you to my race today." She nonchalantly replied as she took the little leaves on the vines and fiddled with them, waiting for me to reply.

"But we have an examination tomorrow at dawn, Moon. I'm studying." I held my book up in my hand.

  She smirked and nodded her head in approval and sat on the same bed beside me, "You're quite diligent, aren't you?" 

  "Of coarse, I can not fail Her Imperial Majesty's expectations." I smiled and looked at her. She chuckled and took the book from my hand.

"But my expectation is for you to come with me though." She raised a brow and leaned in teasingly.

  I sighed and looked up to meet her mischievous eyes.

  "But I wanted to win to be your  concubine as well though." My tongue unexpectedly slipped through with my thoughts as her face left agape at my fleeting words.

  "Wait, You do?" She tilted her head with an unexplained facial expression.

My smile faded, realizing that my words were probably beyond the line.

"K-Kidding, Your Majesty. I just want to win so you won't have to hold any more LineUps for the next decade." I chuckled nervously and closed my book before standin up from the bed but her hand held unto mine as I looked back at her meeting a pair of bewildered eyes.

   "But if you win. That would mean you're going to be my concubine." She responded.

  "I know you're not ready to have any Your Majesty. Having a concubine is like getting a lover and throwing away the 'single' tag for good." I shrugged. To be honest, once my work is done and giving her the freedom by winning, it wouldn't matter if she decides to date or hook up with someone else while having me as a 'fake' official concubine.

  No one would get hurt. I am infact merely just Moon's joker card in a deck of cards.

  Her brows furrowed and her eyes turned cold.

"But you are my 'lover' even before the Lineup started, are you not?"

  I looked at her in complete daze.

There goes my heart again... Pounding furiously on the least expected time. Suddenly it felt like it was hard to breathe and my ears suddenly became extra sensitive to the sound of my beating heart.

  "Moon..."

  "So, put all your worries aside and come to watch me." She held unto my hand with an anticipating look.

I sighed in defeat. I could not resist her, sorry gays.

"Alright. I'll go with you." Her stone cold expression turned into a bright grinning smile hearing my decision.

  "Really?! Yay!" She excitedly stood up and grabbed her blazer.

"B-But let's each take a different exit  okay? Meet me at the big tree where we had a picnic." I suddenly felt embarrassed remembering the choking incident back there.

"Wait, why are we not going out together?" She put her hands on her hips and looked at me with confusion.

"At least not in the Annex." I bit my lip nervously.