I don't Know You Anymore

Začít od začátku

Kate ignored Mitchell and stepped toward Leo. Her expression softened and she was about to reach for him but Mitchell pulled her away. "Mitchell, stop!"

"Get in the fucking car, Kathryn," Mitchell's tone reeked of anger and authority. "I will not repeat myself."

Leo gripped Mitchell's hand and pushed it off Kate. "Sister or not but you have no right to keep grabbing her like that."

Leo wasn't wrong but he should've kept his mouth shut. After what he did to me the last time, he was the last person to preach about morale. 

Mitchell pushed Kate behind him and within seconds, he grabbed Leo by his collar. Panic slowly crept in fear of a brawl that appeared to break out. I grabbed Mitchell's arm and tried to pull him away but he didn't even flinch. "Mitch, let him go."

"What did you say?" Mitchell spat. "After what you did to Mila, you have no fucking place to lecture me!"

Leo stared at him nonchalantly and I found it weird how... cold Leo appeared. He didn't resemble the person I grew up with. "Get your hands off me."

Mitchell's jaw ticked and he was ready to throw a punch but Kate held him from one side and I, from the other. "Mitchell, please." 

"Mitchy, let him go."

Anxiety kicked in, my skin prickled and my heart raced. I hated conflict and didn't need a repeat of Mitchell hitting Leo. "Mitch, please calm down. You're scaring me!"

Thankfully, Mitchell glanced my way and I might've been mistaken but his gaze softened a fraction. He harshly let go of Leo and while Leo composed himself, Mitchell took in a deep breath. 

"Mila, you should put a leas –" Leo began. 

"Don't!" Mitchell seethed. "Don't talk to her, don't look at her, and don't ever fucking go near her!"

"If I see you anywhere near my sister or Mila...."

"Stop being such a damn control freak!" Katie exclaimed. "I don't know what your issue is but you can't tell me or Mila what to do!"

"Kate."

"Don't give me that," Kate dismissed. "I can be friends with whoever I want. I can talk to whoever I want, hell I can damn well scre-"

"Kathryn!" Mitchell bellowed. 

I'd only seen Mitchell that mad twice. The first was in Moab when I was almost molested and the second was recently when Leo drove me home at a speed. Startled by his tone, I made my way to Kate and held her hand, silently telling her to be the calm one. After all, two angry Clarke's were worse than one. 

"No, Mila." Kate pulled her hand out of my grasp. "You might allow this behavior but I won't." 

"Don't involve Mila. This has nothing to do with her."

"I'm starting to think she is involved." Kate looked between me and Leo. "You two know each other?"

I swallowed a lump in my throat as I stared at Leo who looked back at me indifferently. "Knew," I clarified. "I grew up with Leo."

"Wait a minute..." Katie pointed between us. "Leo is your best friend, Leo?" Katie looked accusingly at Leo. "Why didn't you say anything? You said you had no friends and your life is surrounded by work and some family time."

Ouch. 

"I wouldn't talk about sharing if I were you," Leo retorted. "And what I said was true, I have no friends. Mila was my neighbor's grandkid, what is there to share?"