Chapter 12. 1820

20 minutes later, Julian was at the home of George Parker on horseback, his pistol poised at his side. Dismounting his horse and tying it to a tree, he walked up the stone steps of the Parker Manor and knocked on the door.

A few minutes later, the Parker Butler poked his head out of the front door and surveyed the Duke of Suffolk. He dipped his head. "Can I help you your grace?"

Julian growled. "You can help me as a matter of fact. I need you to tell me where Lady Diana Howard is. George Parker has kidnapped her, and has brought her here."

The butler instantly stepped aside, letting Julian into the house. Without a word, he began leading him up the stairs to the second floor where several chambers were located. But just as they reached the landing, they were stopped by none other than George Parker himself.

George growled. "Well, if it isn't the Duke of Suffolk. What brings you here?"

Julian was on George within seconds, pinning him against the wall and strangling him. "Where is Diana?"

George struggled for breath, his eyes squeezing. "I'm not going to tell you where that little bitch is!"

Julian tightened his fingers around his neck. "Tell me."

George was turning blue by this point, and with one shaking finger, pointed to the last room down the hall. He continued struggling against Julian, until he felt the mouth of his pistol at his temple.

Julian's voice was deadly. "Have you heard her?"

George was choking now. "No... I have not. I've simply locked that little bitch in the room, along with another bastard of mine who I don't care for."

Julian released George, rushing after the Butler down the hallway towards the final door of the row of champions. He watched as the Butler located one of the keys on his belt, raised it to the door, and opened it. He moved quickly into the room, and then stopped at the image before him.

Two little children sat on the floor of the dark and cold room, their eyes wild with fear and their arms intertwined around one another. One of them was Diana, her large blue eyes overflowing with tears of relief as she saw Julian. The second child was a little boy of about two years old, with dark brown curls and brown eyes.

Julian quickly put his pistol away and rushed forward. He brought Diana and her companion into his arms for a tight squeeze. "Are you both all right?"

Diana. "We are fine papa, but we want to go home."

Julian. "Of course my darling. And who is your friend?"

Diana. "William, he's two years old. I told him that you would come and take us away from here and the Bad man. I told him he could come be a part of our family."

Julian glanced at William, noticing that he had quite the resemblance to James. Smiling softly, he picked them both up and carried them out of the room. Emotion for the butler, Matthew, to follow him. "Is William Parker's son?"

Matthew. "Yes your grace, but Mr. Parker doesn't pay him any attention. Master William was from one of his mistresses. I'm sure Miss Diana has told you that he desires to leave here, he's pointed outside on numerous occasions."

Julian. "Diana did tell me, yes. I'd like to take William back with me. I don't believe he needs to stay here any longer."

Matthew. "I believe that's a wise idea your grace. His mother is dead and his father wants nothing to do with him, so I believe you taking him into your home is the best thing."

With George no longer around, Julian felt relief. Diana and William could finally be safe. Diana was going to be home, and William was going to have a new home with her James and Elizabeth. And the brother and sister that would be arriving by the beginning of summer.

Holding his children tightly, Julian stepped out into the night, his horse having been attached to a carriage that had been prepared for the three of them. Climbing inside with Diana and William beside him, he tapped on the carriage roof and the little family was off towards home.

Arriving to Suffolk Manor 20 minutes later, Julian Diana and William climbed out of the carriage, and after Julian's horse was put back into the stables, they entered the house. All three of them were instantly embraced by Elizabeth and James.

Elizabeth took Diana tightly into her arms, hugging her daughter against her breast. "My darling, are you all right?"

Diana snuggled against her mother. "Yes mama, I'm fine."

Elizabeth exhaled with relief before turning her attention to Julian and William. "Who is this little one?"

Julian smiled softly. "Elizabeth my love, this is William. I believe he is going to make quite the lovely addition to our family."