Chapter 8. 1815

Several hours later, Julian and Elizabeth arrived to their cottage that they would be lodging in overnight. Both were anxious to return to Suffolk Manor and begin their new lives in the country. Walking inside the lovely cottage, they were escorted upstairs by the owner.

Elizabeth smiled softly as she noticed that the owner had prepared the room for the two of them with a bottle of wine and a pair of glasses. The three items were resting on the table by the window. The room was lit with a few candles and a blazing fireplace. There was a bed big enough for the two of them.

The owner, Mrs. Jefferson, smiled. "If the two of you should need anything, send for me. I'll prepare breakfast for the two of you tomorrow."

Julian. "Thank you very much."

Mrs. Jefferson turned and left the room, closing the door behind her to give the newlywed couple some privacy.

Elizabeth turned slowly towards Julian, finally able to really look at her husband. He was incredibly handsome, and he was all hers. She moved towards him, sliding her arms around his neck and brushing her lips against his.

Julian returned her kiss immediately, his own eyes having done their explorations of her gorgeous figure. He couldn't believe how stunning she was, and she was all his. He brushed his lips against hers repeatedly, then allowed his tongue to dive into her mouth and twist with hers.

Within minutes, the two of them removed one another's clothing and climbed into bed. But they didn't make love right away, but snuggled together. They kept kissing, their fingers moving to stroke one another's skin tenderly. They had both experienced pain and loss, even if it was in different ways. They both had a child that needed love and attention. And they had it, had everything they could ever desire. They had each other and a family.

Elizabeth felt her body beginning to burn as Julian's lips traveled down every inch of her skin, tracing her breasts and nipples softly. Her eyes fluttered closed as pleasure overwhelmed.George had never done this to her, only wanting the coupling to be quick so she could become with child But this, this was so much better.

Julian raised his eyes to hers, his orbs dark brown with desire. He climbed on top of her, not putting his full weight on her body. He captured her lips with his as he slowly entered her.

Elizabeth intertwined her arms around his neck, crushing him closer. She wasn't wanting any space between them, and it was quite obvious he didn't either. She moved her hips easily with his, matching his penetrations with her own.

Their bodies and lips moved together with perfect harmony and synchronization. Lips and fingers cradled and caressed skin. Tender and passionate kisses became exchanged. Bodies undulated in a delicious rhythm of passion and desire and love. Silent cries of ecstasy came from their lips as they reached their pinnacle. They didn't stop, not for at least three hours. When they could no longer be satisfied, they lay intertwined in one another's arms, kissing sweetly and tenderly.

Julian stroked her cheek. "I love you."

Elizabeth smiled at him, kissing back. "As I love you."

Exchanging another sweet kiss, they fell asleep in one another's arms. At last, neither one was alone. They would no longer feel pain or suffering. They were together, their children would be together. No one was going to come between them again. A new chapter of their lives had just begun.

***

The next morning, Julian and Elizabeth enjoyed breakfast in bed, prepared, as promised, by Mrs. Jefferson. After dining on scones with clotted cream and raspberry preserves, along with a cup of tea, they became lost in one another's arms for the morning. By the afternoon, they knew they needed to be up and out of the cottage and back to their home. James and Diana needed their parents.

After getting dressed, Julian and Elizabeth made their way downstairs, thanking Mrs. Jefferson for her hospitality. Taking the bottle of red wine with them, they climbed into their carriage and drove back towards Suffolk Manor. Both were anxious to begin their new lives as husband and wife. They had no idea what the next adventure was going to be, but they knew it would be done together.