Chapter 10. 1819

Several hours later, after James and Diana had been put to bed once the birthday party was over, Julian and Elizabeth were snuggled together in their bed, having changed into their night clothes. They held one another tightly, listening to the sound of the crickets chirping outside and the fire crackling in the fireplace. The birthday party for their son and daughter had gone much better than they had expected.

Elizabeth. "I cannot believe James is four years old and Elizabeth is three years old. It doesn't seem real to me."

Julian chuckled, holding her against him. "I feel the same way my love, I remember the day James was born. I was so thrilled to become a father."

Elizabeth. "I felt the same way when Diana was born. I knew I was going to give her nothing but love."

Julian kissed her sweetly, gently pinning her onto the bed. "Darling, I know we spoke about only having two children, but I can't quite help but imagine you growing very round and beautiful with my child."

Elizabeth giggled, running her fingertips across his cheek. "Julian dearest, I've been thinking the same thing. As much as I believe having two children is plenty, I wouldn't mind having one more."

Julian removed his shirt, and then his trousers. His eyes started dancing as he removed her night gown. "Then why don't we make that discussion a reality?"

Elizabeth. "I believe that's a wonderful idea."

Julian started kissing his way down her body, gently pulling her nipples with his teeth and kissing her breasts. His hands moved down her body, stroking her skin. His lips came up to take full control of hers, his hard length sliding inside her. Holding her close, he started moving deep into her, is penetrations gentle and loving and full of passion.

Elizabeth moved her hips with his, meeting each penetration with her own. She moaned softly, holding him tightly against her as their bodies moved together. Her tongue danced with his, twisting and swirling.

Their lips hands and bodies continued stroking kissing and caressing one another, neither one able to stop. Their hips crashed against each other as the fire continued consuming them. They both gave a cry as they reached their combined pinnacle, unraveling together with pure abandon. After experiencing three more delicious waves of ecstasy, they finally fell asleep.

***

By the beginning of November, Elizabeth knew she was with child. Her breasts had become tender and she was slightly nauseous. She was also much more tired than she had been initially when expecting Diana. She wasn't sure if she was expecting twins or not, that would have to be determined when she felt the baby move. Although she was excited, she was also nervous. She was hoping and praying that this delivery wouldn't be difficult as her first.

When he was told of the news, Julian was ecstatic. He couldn't wait to become a father again, this time with Elizabeth. However, despite the fact that he was excited, he was also worried. He had no idea if Elizabeth was going to survive the birth. He had no idea if she was going to have the same complication that Lillian did. He shook his head, not wanting to think about that. Elizabeth was going to be fine, he would make sure of that.

James and Diana couldn't wait to have another brother or sister to play with. They were just as thrilled to become siblings to a new member of the family. They couldn't wait to meet the baby.  They couldn't stop talking about the prospect of becoming a big brother and big sister.

Smiling at their children, Julian and Elizabeth felt nothing but peace. They were just as anxious to become parents to a new baby, knowing that their family was going to be growing. They knew that the gender didn't matter as long as the child was healthy. Little did they realize that they wouldn't be expecting just one baby.