twenty six

🗓 9th march
📍vinnie's dorm room

amelia stevens

this was not my dorm room, i wake up to find someone next to me, i was shocked to see it was vinnie. i look around to see anthony missing and so was kio. i try to fall back asleep, tossed and turned, "morning beautiful" i hear a husky voice, i roll over to face vinnie, "hey handsome" i smile and he leans in to kiss me. "woah woah woah! is everyone clothed?!!" anthony screams, avani following behind him and she had the biggest smirk on her face. jack and kio was also with them, this was just great. vinnie groaned and lifted the sheet over our heads as we laugh under the covers. after we catch our embarrassment we uncover ourselves to face our friends, "so did you guys fuck?" kio teased and the others stare at us intently, "no, we literally just slept! i took her home from sway and we just spoke for ages and it got late. end of story" vinnie explains as he was talking he was drawing circles on my hands and i agree with vinnie and they all still seemed suspicious but dropped it. vinnie turns away from the group and looks at me and winked which made me smile. when no one was looking, i pecked his shoulder to thank him for last night. i attempt to get out of bed and vinnie pulls me back, i look around to see avani staring at us and I gave vinnie that look to let him know. "thanks for letting me stay vinnie, but i should go! but i'll see you all at ant's party tonight" i state and avani said she would follow me.

"spill girl" avani squeals in excite as we walk towards the girls dorm, which we see dixie and noah in the distance on the way and avani calls her over. dixie pecked noah and ran towards us, "you'd never guess where i found amelia this morning" avani squeals, "vinnie's room" and dixie joins her screaming. "spill amelia!!" dixie prompted, "well he offered me a ride home and then we just talked in his car about everything with nick and what happened between us... i cried infront of him so embarrassing but he pulled me onto his lap and it was really tight in his small car, and basically we told each other we like each other and were both too scared to do anything about it... then uhh we may of kissed" i explain trying to whisper the last part which i did not do a very good job at as my two best friends were screaming and cheering. "holy fucking shit finally!! and you are wearing his shirt and sweatpants!! you gotta look hot tonight" dixie cheered and we all laugh as we entered our room getting ready for anthony's party at sway tonight.

-•-
it was now 9 pm and the girls and i were making our way over to the sway house. it was me, avani, dixie, nai who plus oned her boyfriend hubert and they were so cute. nai did not seem phased when i explained to her what happened with vinnie, she actually was happy for me and told me she was secretly wished it happen. the party of course was already full blast, i was scared to bump into nick but i tried to not think too much about it and focused on finding vinnie. i spot him over in the corner, he was on his phone. i made a bee line towards him, "hey vin" i say and he looks up from his phone immediately and his face lit up, "took your time" he teased pulling me close holding me close to him and his hands were enveloped around my waist. "wanna get a drink?" he asked and i smiled widely, "thought you'd never ask" i say intertwining our hands as we walk towards the bar. on the way back from the bar we see nick in the crowd with a brunette, the same brunette in the photo and ryland. nick and i made eye contact and he looked mad, he was looking between vinnie and i. i told vinnie that i was nervous to see him and that i wanted to find our friends which we did. it was vin, av, ant, dix, addi and bryce that surrounded me. "so meli, i see you moved on to vinnie" i hear nicks voice, "well if you didn't cheat then maybe you'd still have a say on it" bryce fired towards him, bryce was like my brother he always looked out for me, "i believe that's none of your business hall" and bryce walked more into the light, "she's my baby sister so i do believe that it is my problem" and you could tell he was ready to snap but addi held his hands so bryce wouldn't beat the shit out of nick. "nick get lost! you have your new girl now, please just leave me alone" i anxiously stick up for myself, and vinnie was rubbing my lower back to help calm me. "nick just leave please, you have done enough" vinnie spoke up and nick told him to fuck off and left. i could feel myself shake out of fear with what had just happened and vinnie led me to a room upstairs.

"hey baby, just breathe okay" he whispers as he knelt in front of me as i was crouched over on the bed crying. he grabs my face to make me look at him and he had the softest eyes, "focus on me, it's okay you're safe now" he continues to soothe me. he finds make up wipes from the bathroom probably from addi when she slept over and he helped me take my make up off, he helped me out of my dress and he took his button up off so that i would be more comfortable. "thank you vinnie, i am so sorry about this" i apologise, he disposes of the rubbish and comes and tucks himself into the bed next to me, "don't apologise, i am here baby" he kissed my forehead. we stayed up talking about us and what we liked and got to know each other more. i really found myself falling more and more for vinnie.

© heartstrings-1 ©