twenty-five

🗓 8th march
📍 sway house/compound

amelia stevens

"bryce invited us over to the sway" i inform everyone, it has been a few days since i first found out

"bryce invited us over to the sway" i inform everyone, it has been a few days since i first found out. i had confronted nick when he came over to the dorm after i had been ignoring his texts, he was dumbfounded and could not even tell me why he decided to cheat on me and since then i have been avoiding the hype house (not for the others) and ryland (basically my brother from another mother) but we have been texting and he was fully on my side and did not excuse his friends behaviour. "is it just the sway boys or?" dixie asked, i look up from my phone as i was texting addison to see if she would come, "i think all of sway will be there cos they are hosting the pool party and a few others like jack, ryland and i just texted addi to see if she'd come" the girls agreed and began to change.

we had arrived to the sway house, with drinks in hand (wouldn't be a sway party without a touch of alcohol). "the party has arrived!" i exclaimed, bryce and josh made their way over to give us all a hug. "i am glad to see you baby sis, nick is a dick wad and you are too hot for him" bryce exclaimed kissing my forehead and i thank him and laugh with him. i made my way over to the rest of the girls who were standing next to anthony, jack, kio and vinnie. jack and anthony brought me in for a hug, kio looked at me sympathetically, "kio, it's fine. give me a hug right now or then i am definitely gonna have a problem" and he smiles pulling me close, i look to vinnie who was in conversation with nai, but he turned his head to smile at me and i nodded acknowledging him and left the group to greet ryland who was standing with noah and griffin.

it was later into the pool party and everyone is a little buzzed and in the pool or out on the day beds tanning. i was in the pool with blake and noah and we were discussing the interesting topic of the superior brands of bottled water which the two were quite passionate about. i took that as my time to swim away towards the other end of the pool just enjoying my own company. "hey amelia" i turn to see that vinnie had swam over to join me, "oh hey vin" i greet nervously as the last time i had seen him in person he confessed his feelings and left when they weren't reciprocated. "how are you enjoying the party?" he asks casually like we never had that awkward situation, "actually really good, it's been a long time since we have had a convo" i state, he nods and he comes closer, "but i am glad we are now, anyways what i originally came over here to tell you was that the girls left they said they needed to study for their exam coming up" and i look around to see that he was right and then i frantically get out of the pool to dry myself off so that i could join them, "they left about twenty minutes ago, they told me to tell you they didn't wanna make you leave cos it was the first time you looked like you were having fun in the last few days" he defends them and i just nodded. i sighed now that i was on my own and had to find my own way back, vinnie called my name, "hey, i was planning on leaving now i could drop you home if you'd like?" vinnie offers, and i nodded agreeing to his offer.

we got to vinnie's car, initially it was quiet and both of us were won't talking just focused on the road. "i know you probably don't wanna talk about it anymore, so i won't force you but i want you to know i am here and open to listen if you need" vinnie offers his support and i nod and before i knew it tears were flowing from my eyes, and i was sobbing incoherent words, "i just don't understand why he cheated...was i not good enough? .... I have never been cheated on and i don't know how to deal with it... i keep thinking this is all my fault, maybe if i was a better girlfriend or i don't know was more physically or affectionate.." i ramble before vinnie stops me, we were now parked near by the college dorms. "hey, it's not your fault you were the perfect girlfriend. he took advantage of you and how you are one of the most understandable and kind hearted girl on campus. he lost the most beautiful, caring and sweet girl and that's on him not you, okay? you deserve so much better and not everyone is going to cheat on you, please don't think it's your fault" vinnie comforts me as he moves his seat back and motions for me to climb into his lap which i do and sob into his chest. "thank you vinnie, i have been so unkind to you in the past and you still are taking the time to listen to me cry" i state, "hey, the past is in the pass and that was barely you being unkind. i sorta sprung it on you and that's on me and i wanna apologise for that. i did not intend to cause you stress" and i smiled, "and i am so sorry for how i reacted and handled it and i guess was oblivious to my own feelings" i say unsure what it was gonna do to the situation as i basically told him that i had feelings for him, "i uh like you too and i don't know why i have been trying to deny it to myself and to the others but i have never dated or fell for someone like you.... wait that sounds bad but i mean someone that is the opposite to me" and both were silent in the car and i was basically straddling vinnie in the driver seat of his small two seater car, "fuck shit i just made things weird" i sporadically state in a flustered matter and he pulls me closer to him and kisses me. we were in the car straddling and making out, his lips felt soft and so inviting, the kiss began soft and subtle then we became more hungry and intense, this kiss was a long time coming. we both break apart from each other out of breath, we both are staring into each other's eyes, "i'm sorry, shit i ruined things with you and nai" i apologise and removed myself of his lap, and he was trying to stop me but failed, "it's ok amelia" he tries to calm me down but all i could think about was nai, "she really likes you and i knew you two were getting closer and i think i just ruined that" i apologise more. "hey, it's not nailea i want. we kissed once and we have been texting on and off but just as friends, we found out we have more in common but we both decided we'd be better off as friends and anyway i am pretty sure she's talking to a guy she met at another frat party" he explains and i silently take it all in. he goes to grab my hand and intertwines his hand with mine and rubs circles to calm me down, "oh, well that makes me feel a little better" i say and he smiles, "i like you amelia, even if we are opposites i really like you and want to give us a shot. i know it's too soon after nick but i will wait till you are ready but i like you a lot" he confesses and i smile and lean into to kiss him. "do you wanna stay at my dorm tonight? it's pretty late" he asked and i nodded.

we walked up hand in hand to his dorm room which i knew he shared with anthony and kio. i was afraid to be there knowing they were both in the same room, "anthony and avani have booked a hotel tonight and kio is sleeping over at jacks they left early to study, so we have the room to ourselves.. i could see you stressing" he reassures me and i smile, "you know me too well" i say smiling as we enter his dorm. vinnie got me a pair of his sweatpants and his hoodie for me to change into, he respectfully turned around so that i could change. i finish changing and turn to face vinnie, who now was shirtless and only in a pair of sweatpants, "you can sleep in either anthony's or kio's bed if you are more comfortable" he shyly states and i smile as i walk towards his bed and went under the covers, which put a smile on his face as he sprinted over towards me and pulled me closer to him, as he cuddled me and we both fall asleep.

© heartstrings-1 ©