eleven

🗓 23rd february
📍off campus

amelia stevens

"where you off too?" mads asked as she packed her cheer bag, "going for dinner off campus with a friend" i replied texting avani that i wouldn't be back to our dorm till later

"where you off too?" mads asked as she packed her cheer bag, "going for dinner off campus with a friend" i replied texting avani that i wouldn't be back to our dorm till later. "oooo anybody i know?" she smirked and i contemplated before telling her but what is the harm it was just two pals hanging out. "vinnie" and her eyes sparked, "mr lover boy strikes again" she laughed and so did i. i texted vinnie that practice had finished and he replied that he was already park outside the gym waiting for me.

"hey bestie" i say, "hey amelia, you can chuck your bag back there" vinnie states and i smile, "you know you don't have to call me by my government name" i tease and his cheeks flushed red. "what am i supposed to call you then" he argued jokingly, "meli like a normal person" and he put his hands on his chest like i offended him as a joke, "then it's not special, i am sticking to amelia being original" he states firmly and smiling, "ok then vincent, uno reverse" he smiled back, "fair, let's get going. thought in and out would be nice?" he suggested and i eagerly nodded, "you know the way to my heart, yummm!"

we had arrived to the closest in and out to campus and the smell already brought back memories. i was obsessed with in and out, avani and all the high school gang used to come here all the time after school and it just was filled with good memories. "how did you know this was my happy place?" I asked happily and he looked at me with a big smile, "i didn't, it just is also mine. my parents when we came here for the first time for the campus tour, we came here after and it just felt right like i was at home" he explained, "that's sweet, similar this is where we came most fridays after high school, i just love spending time with my friends here after a boring day at school" i shared. we went to the counter to order our food, vinnie reached to tap his card on the machine. "hey! i can pay you know!" and he laughed, "of course but this is my treat" he smiled and i thanked him telling him the next one was on me, "so you are telling me there's a next time?!" vinnie smirked and i playfully hit his arm.

vinnie was so different to my usual type. i mean he was very attractive but he was more reserved. i usually go for the flirt, the fuck boy the guy who talks to at least 10 different girls and uses the same punchline on each on of them and it working everytime. vinnie he was a breath of fresh air and i could feel myself opening up to him more and more we talk.

"let's play a game" i initiate and he looked up from his meal, "ok, what game?" eagerly listening in, "well let's play 21 questions to get to know one another" i suggested and he laughed, "cliche" and i laughed playfully, "well it's the only way i am gonna get into that head of yours" i tease and we both started the game.

after hours just talking in the restaurant it got dark. vinnie drove me back to campus and walked me to my room. "hey thanks for hanging out with me tonight" he said as he stands by the elevator door and i pressed the button waiting for it to arrive at my floor, "i had a good time vin, meet me here tomorrow morning so we can get breakfast together?" i asked nervously and he smiled and agreed. "but come at like 7 so anthony and avani don't bother us" and he agreed and groaned, "waking up early?!! just for you and only for you" he states giving me a hug goodbye as the elevator reached ground floor. best night ever.

"somebody's getting home late, it's 9pm" dixie exclaimed as i enter our shared dorm, "who are you my mum?!" i laughed and avani squeals in excitement, "anthony told me you went on a date with vinnie, so spill!!" and I rolled my eyes, "it wasn't a date first off but we..." as i continue to fill them on the night.

© heartstrings -1 ©