twenty

🗓 2nd march
📍girls dorm lounge

amelia stevens
"can i ask a question, without y'all getting weird on me" and dixie and avani looked up from their computers as we were studying, "no promises" avani replied, "promise me!" and the girls looked at each other weirdly, "promise, what's up?" dixie asked, "when did vinnie and nai get so close?" i asked embarrassed, i did not want them to think i was jealous, which i am not. avani laughs a little, but dixie replied "the day y'all were fighting, they got pretty close" and i nodded my head, "why?" avani asked, "curiosity that's all and did you see her comment on avani's recent, she said maybe soon, do you think it's vinnie?" i ramble, "you sure are asking a lot of questions for someone who doesn't care" avani continues and i shake my head dismissing her comments. speaking of the devil.

"hey girls!" nai entered the lounge all smiley, "what's got you all smiling?" dixie asked, "well, last night vinnie drove me home and we kissed" she exclaimed and everyone was shocked. "somebody say something" nai said panicked, "oh my god! how was it?!" dixie broke the silence. i was in shock, why did i feel jealous, i have a boyfriend and i never even saw vinnie in that way he was just a friend. yeah a friend, "he is a very good kisser and i hope we do it again over and over, he gave me butterflies but he hasn't messaged me since last night... should i be worried?" nai rambles and checks her phone for a notification, i am guessing a notification from vinnie. "he probably is just sleeping or something, don't stress nai! he looked really into you last night so i am sure he is just sleeping" i reassure her and she smiles comfortably and gives me a hug. avani looks over at me with a soft smile, damn it i think she read me and i just gave her a dismissive look and she backs off. "nick just texted if we wanted to have a movie night at hype house, the other members are planning one?" i say and they all nodded, "can we invite plus ones? i want my boyfriend there!" avani asked and dixie also agreed, "uh i am sure that's fine, think they are inviting some sway boys anyway given some friends or whatever" i dismiss and get myself ready for the night, trying to forget what nai just told, i did not know why it was affecting me this much. avani also gets up and follows me into the dorms bathroom, "girl that vinnie kiss is bothering you and i want to know why" she demanded, "believe me i wanna know why too! i have a boyfriend for christ sakes and i don't like vinnie like that" i say putting my hair in a bun and changed into a hoodie and sweats, "ok, but if they start dating you can't mad" she said and i sighed knowing she was right, "i know and i think he and nai are more suited anyways, i just think it be better if i make some distance with him" i say and avani agreed, "right person wrong time?" avani commented and i tried to ignore her statement. i have only known vinnie for a few weeks and it feels like we have known each other for ages whenever we hang out and he made me feel good and happy but i don't think he even feels that way about me, and if he did he did a pretty good job hiding it. we aren't suited we are polar opposites.

we (avani, dixie and nai) enter the hype house and we're greeted by thomas and mia, "hey guys! welcome to movie night, join the others in the theatre lounge" and we walked towards the room with all the voices. nick and i made eye contact and he came over and pecked me on the lips, "hey babe, missed your face" and i smiled, i make eye contact with vinnie but quickly looked away not wanting to get in the way of nai and him and ruin things with nick. i see anthony and jack, i made my way over to them and nick said he was just gonna chill. "hey strangers!" and they both give me a hug, and we fall into conversation from college to nick to just random things. without seeing that vinnie was making his way over to us, and i look around for nai who was in conversation with dixie and mia looking unbothered that vinnie has yet to speak to her. "hey av, hey amelia" he greets standing beside me and this felt wrong, i feel myself getting anxious around him like i was gonna ruin things, avani greets vinnie and looks at me trying to bring me out of my trance, "uh hey, i am just gonna go check on nick" i awkwardly say leaving the group. "hey babes, ryland i have seriously missed you why haven't you replied to my messages" i say and he hugs me, "he's too busy flirting with all the girls on his phone" michael replied "that seems about right" we all laugh together and i feel someone glaring at me in my peripheral.

"we had decided to pick the movie from a random movie generator and the movie was fast and furious 1" thomas announced and there were some cheers, "i love that movie! makes me want a nissan skyline" i exclaim and noticed the girls glaring at me, nick kisses me, "gross can we watch a rom com" kouvr groans and everyone dismissed her. i settle into the bean bag with nick getting comfortable. beside me was avani and anthony, then jack and dixie and noah. on the other side of the theatre was nai with vinnie who's eyes weren't on the screen but on me and i awkwardly turn away. i excuse myself as i made my way to the bathroom, and i could hear someone following behind me. "so are you just gonna ignore me and not tell me why?" and i immediately knew it was vinnie, "sorry?" i stutter and he comes and stands right in front of me, "why are you ignoring me? did i do something wrong?" and i was flustered because i didn't know why was ignoring him or maybe i am ignoring him because he kissed one of my best friends but i couldn't tell him that he would think i was jealous. so i tried to dismiss his comment, "uh i think nai is waiting for you" and he smirked, this is the first time i ever seen vinnie so confident, "so she told you about our kiss" and i gulped, "yeah so what?!" i say a little more frustrated, "what's that gotta do with you? unless this means you are jealous" he teases even more, i scoff, "i have a boyfriend if you forgotten" and he gets angry, "yeah we know! y'all can't keep your hands off each other" he spat and now i was the one smirking, "jealousy doesn't look good on you vinnie" I say turning away as i keep walking towards the bathroom. he grabs my wrist, "amelia, you can't tell me that you didn't catch feelings for me. i thought we were going somewhere, tell me it wasn't in my head and tell me you want me and not nick" vinnie pleads and i tried to break away and he loosens his grip, i tried to think of what to say, this is what i wanted right, for vinnie to confess his love for me but i was still dating nick and i really like nick. "we are just friends vinnie, and nai really likes you. and i have a boyfriend and i am sorry i got to go" i say as i run to the bathroom. once i made it to the bathroom i just fall to my knees crying.

this was never supposed to happen and i can't let this happen. avani and dixie knocked on the door and they must of come to check on me, i have been gone a long time. "he left, vinnie left he looked so upset and angry" and i just cried, "he told me he liked me or he begged me to tell him i felt the same way" i sobb and avani just pats my hair and tries to calm me down, "i told him that nai really likes him and he should give her a shot, but i would be lying if i say i don't have feelings for him but with nick it's so easy... i know we'd work we are the same but vinnie he's so different a good different but that makes me scared so scared because i forget what to do with myself. but i am with nick and i would be a shit friend if i didn't give nai her shot" i cry even more and dixie wipes my tears. "it's ok A we are here for you and it is going to be ok, you have done the right thing even though it doesn't feel like it" dixie says and i just remained silent.

© heartstrings-1 ©