one

🗓 21st february 2022
📍ucla

amelia stevens

today was the first day of college, drove up to central los angeles for this. today has been the day i have been waiting for, i have always dreamed of college and leaving home for some independence. i was rooming with my best friend avani, we have been friends since high school, actually a lot of my friends from high school were going here. finally dragged my bags from level 1 to our floor, being the 8th floor and the view was nice from outside our windows. avani scavenges her bag for the room key, to reveal another tall brunette girl in the room.

"hey, you must be our roomie!! i am amelia and this is avani" i excitedly introduced us, she smiles brightly and gives avani and i a hug. "hey!! i am dixie and i am so glad you guys are nice, i was afraid i'd have mean roomies" she smiled brightly. the girls start to settle in, "who wants the double bed?" avani asked, the girls looked to on another, "i actually wanted the top bunk? if that's okay been a dream of mine to have a bunk" dixie asked and the girls nodded. "meli you can have the double you probs need the most sleep studying nursing" avani offered as she starts to unpack her things.

"you're studying nursing? wow that's amazing" dixie exclaimed, "yeah, following my mothers footsteps! how bout you dix, what are you studying? can i call you dix?" amelia blushed and the girls broke out in laughter, "stop stressing girl of course you can, yeah i am studying to become a teacher" and avani spoke up, "YEP! you definitely give off good with kids vibe!" and the girls laughed. "what about you vani?" dixie turned to face avani as she puts her final sweatshirt on a hanger, "guess, what vibes do i give off?" and dixie furrows her eyebrows thinking, "ok, your outfit is sick and your make up is absolutely killer! so you definitely are doing something to do with art?!!" and avani clapped, "you are absolutely right sir! i am majoring in arts and graphic design!"

the girls for the next half an hour were just finishing unpacking and checking their schedules. "hopefully, we all have a crossover class! i can already tell we are gonna get on just fine" dixie wished. "hey, ant just texted that he's downstairs of the girls dorms. wanna come say hey" avani turned to amelia and dixie, "uh duh!! missed anthony and let's meet some college boys!!" cheered amelia and avani rolled her eyes and laughed, typical amelia behaviour she was such a bubbly and friendly person. "who's anthony? is he your brother?" dixie asked and avani motioned like she was gagging and amelia just cracked up laughing, "oh my god fuck no!! anthony is my boyfriend he is a junior in college" and dixie facepalmed. the girls left walking towards the elevator that brought them downstairs.

avani immediately ran up to anthony to give him a hug. he was surrounded by a couple of guys. there was this guys with brown fluffy hair, a smiley blonde haired guy with blue eyes and a really cute blonde curly haired guy. they were all good looking, but oh my god the curls and he looks hot. i recognised the brunette from anthony and avani's facetimes. anthony opens his arms to give me a hug, "hey lil sis" and the guys looked at him in confusion, "hey big bro."

"you have a sister?" the brunette asked,
"nah, meli here is one of the boys" anthony nudged me, "not when i out drink him at parties" i teased and anthony gave me the finger. "i like her already" the blue eyed boy cheered, "hey, i am jack" he held his hand out, and i hugged him being my friendly self handshakes were old and gone, "hey i'm amelia and this is dixie" and he shook her hand. "hey amelia nice to meet you, i am kio" and of course hugged him too, "i recognise your face from anthony and avani's facetimes haha, not creep of course" i blurted out and kio laughed and teased "not creepy at all" and he went to give dixie a welcoming hug. i walk up to the third guy, he was a little quieter than the other two, i could tell he was shy, and i told myself to just be my friendly self. "hi, i am amelia" i greet going in for my hug and he put his hand to shake so i went to shake his hand when he changed his action to a hugging motion. oh god this is awkward and we hugged "oh that was awkward" i break the silence, "anyways what's your name mr mysterious" i tease trying to break the ice and i could tell he appreciated that as his face lightens up and his shoulders relaxed, "i am not sure i should tell you now, i quite like being called mr mysterious" he teases me back, it feels like his flirting with me but we had just met but he definitely was more than just a pretty face. "ok mr mysterious be like that" and before he could respond avani interrupted, "is the hype house welcome back and welcome to party tonight or is it sways night?" and everyone looks to one another. "pretty sure tonight's party is hype houses and then tomorrow is sways" jack confirmed, "great a 2 day bender just before college starts on monday" and everyone wooed. "you in sway or hype?" i turned to jack and he replied hype, and him, avani, dixie and i cheered being from the same frat house. the remaining three booed and anthony cheered "sway house is superior" and kio and mr mysterious agreed. "ok well, us girls need to get ready for tonight then!! see you guys later" avani announced as we said goodbyes. i made eye contact with mr mysterious and i smiled to him and he sent me a shy smile back.

© heartstrings-1 ©