ϟ15ϟ

Avengers Compound

As the Quinjet finally landed at the compound, Florence released a breath she didn't know she was holding. As the door opened, Pietro came to her side, "What's wrong? Are you nervous?" He swung his arm around her shoulder and brought her in closer, pressing a kiss to her temple.

"No, it's just weird to be back here after so long you know?" She replied as they began to walk down the ramp, looking around and taking everything in. "Look, there's the training mat where I beat your ass so many times." She pointed to the grey mat surrounded with bo-staffs and various other weapons that the couple would use to not rely on their powers as much. With Florence's background, she had better battle intelligence which resulted in Pietro landing on his ass a lot of the time.

"Yeah sure whatever helps you sleep at night." The couple joked as the group made their way into the compound, walking towards the meeting room. They first see Rhodey on a call with someone, they don't recognise at first. The mystery person turns around and is revealed to be Thaddeus Ross, the last person Florence wanted to see. She scowls at the man and retreats further into Pietro's arms.

"Mr secretary." Steve speaks up as the group comes to a stop in front of Ross and Rhodey. Ross started to walk up to the group, looking at Steve and Nat, "You've got some nerve I'll give you that."

"You could use some of that right now." Nat says when Ross stands right in front of her. He again averts his attention towards Steve. "The world's on fire and you think all is forgiven?" He looks beyond Steve and notices Florence and gives her a cold look which Pietro copies.

Steve grabs Ross' attention, keeping it off of Florence, "I'm not looking for forgiveness and I'm way past asking for permission."

Florence decided that she's had enough of hiding from Ross so she walks up to the right of Steve and speaks up. "Earth just lost her best defender so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, my way then we'll fight you too." Ross stares at Florence, trying to school his angry expression.

Turning to look at Rhodey sternly. "Arrest them." Rhodey nods, "All over it." He raises his hand and ends the call with Ross. "That's a court-martial. It's great to see you Cap." The two men walk towards each other and shake hands. Nat, Florence and Pietro then walk up to Rhodey, the women giving him a short hug, the Sokovian giving him a pat on the back.

"You guys really look like crap, must've been a rough couple years." Rhodey addressed the whole group. "Speak for yourself." Florence chides from the side.

"Well the hotels weren't exactly five stars." Sam pipes up. Another person walks up from the back, behind Rhodey. Bruce Banner begins to speak from behind them, making them turn their heads to see him, "I think you look great. Um, yeah I'm back." Wringing his hands and looking at Nat who was already looking at the scientist.

"Hey Bruce" Nat says with a smile and Florence could swear she saw a slight tint to the black widows cheeks.

"Nat" Bruce awkwardly acknowledges her. Florence and Sam share the same look of cringe across their faces. "Well this reunion is all well and good but we kinda need to deal with the issue at hand." Florence pointed over to where wanda was holding up Vision who was still suffering from his injury from their fight in Edinburgh.

Everyone agrees and moves into another room where Florence takes a seat on the table and crosses her legs. Pietro leaning on the table next to her.

Bruce was the first one to speak up, "So we gotta assume they're coming back, right? And they can clearly find us. We need all hands on deck. Where's Clint?"

"After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families." Nat replied. 

"Even though Clint kept in contact with us, there's no way he would leave Laura and the kids, not for something this high-stake." Pietro said looking warily at Florence, he still thought that it was a bad idea to let her fight when they have just found out about the baby. 

Something that he had realised over the past three years being with Florence is that she is extremely stubborn and there is no stopping her whenever she gets an idea or plan in her mind there is no way that anyone can change her mind. Even though Pietro knows she can take care of herself he's got a duty of care towards the woman, now more than ever. 

"Who's Scott?" Bruce asked.

"Antman."

"There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man? Okay, look... Thanos has the biggest army in the Universe. And he is not gonna stop until he... He gets...Vision's stone." Everyone looked over to Wanda and Vision, the former having a sad look on her face.

"Well then we have to protect it." Nat stated, determined

"No, we have to destroy it." Vision began, "I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head, about its nature. But also, its composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source, something, very similar to its own signature, perhaps... Its molecular integrity could fail." He looked down at Wanda, her face becoming cold.

"And you, with it. We're not having this conversation."

"Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it."

"That's too high a price."

"Only you, have the power to pay it. Thanos threatens half the Universe. One life cannot stand in the way of defeating him."

Steve decided to cut in, stopping the couples argument, "But it should. We don't trade lives, Vision."

Vision began to walk towards Steve, "Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life to save how many millions of people." He then turned to Florence, "And you, the first time we met you risked your life to save countless others, not knowing if you would survive or not." He turned and looked at everyone in the room, "Tell me, why is this any different?"

Before Flo or Steve had the chance to speak, Bruce jumped in, "Because you might have a choice. Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays. Jarvis, Ultron, Tony, me, the Stone. All of them mixed together. All of them, learning from one another."

Wanda looked surprised as she spoke, "You're saying Vision isn't just the stone?"

"I'm saying that... If we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of Vision left. Perhaps the best parts."

"Can we do that?" Pietro asked

Bruce looked at Florence, the woman shaking her head, "Not us. Not here."

"You better find someone, and somewhere fast. Ross isn't exactly just gonna let you guys have your old rooms back." Rhodey said, Florence and Pietros face turned into the same scowl

Steve looked deep in thought before answering, "I know somewhere."

Word Count: 1.2k

Slay hello guys i am back after MONTHS, I did remember this book! I just had no inspiration to write but I've finally just finished this one. Also happy 1 year to this fic! hahahaha

Posted a couple tiktoks if anyone cares @ dorcaswh0re 

have a good day! <3