ϟ 6 ϟ

Quinjet

The team was standing around in a circle, waiting for the battle plan, "No way we all get through this. If even one tin soldier is left standing, we've lost. It's gonna be blood on the floor." Tony told them. "I got no plans tomorrow night." Steve said, "You might not, but I might." Florence said from the near back. Everyone turned to face her, "You never have plans." Clint called her out, "Alright I don't, but what if i did." She joked, trying to release the tense environment. 

Steve chuckled at her behaviour, "Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire, and that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out." He finished his speech as the Quinjet was close to it's landing space. 

Florence noticed that Pietro was having trouble with his comms so she went over to help him. "Pass it here, I'll put it in." She stretched her hand out for him to place the comm in, he complied and she sat down next to him. Turning to face him, she put her elbow on his shoulder and leaned in to make sure the comm was placed correctly. 

Her breath tickled the side of his neck, giving him goosebumps. She noticed this and smirked, pulling away from him, she began to speak. "There we go, all done. Can you hear everyone else?" She asked him, she didn't want him going out onto the field with a broken comm.

"Yeah, I can hear everyone else clearly." He replied with a smile, "Thank you." Florence smiled and got her stuff ready, she couldn't rely on just her powers. She was running on barely and sleep, adrenaline and a bunch of energy drinks she grabbed from the tower before they left. 

She grabbed a couple knives, storing them in her boots, two pistols which she attached to her holsters and her bo-staff which she hadn't used in ages. It was magnetic to it could detach into two separate batons, the added bonus was that they could administer shocks to anything it hit, perfect for sort circuiting the robots. She strapped it to the back attachment on her holster.

The Quinjet had finally landed and the avengers got off, getting straight into evacuating the city of Sokovia from the battle that was about to occur. Florence was the last one off so she closed the jets large door. 

She was about to start evacuating people when she felt someone grab her wrist, it was Pietro, he looked nervous. "Are you ok Speedy." She asked him when he didn't say anything. "After this, I'm taking you on a date." He blurted out, his cheeks turning a rose colour.

"Well you better make sure you come back to me then" They both wore massive smiles on their faces. "Oh, fuck it." She muttered before grabbing the side of his face, pulling him down to  her height and kissed him. He immediately responded by grabbing her waist and pulling her closer. 

She pulled away to breathe and rested her head on his chest, "Let's go save the world I guess," She whispered, not even knowing if he had heard her. He kissed the top of her head, "Let's go save the world." He whispered back. 

They parted ways and immediately went to help the people. She could faintly hear Tony and Ultron's conversation. "This is how you end, Tony. This is peace in my time." As soon as his 'stupid catchphrase' - as Florence liked to call it- was said, an army of robot cam out of seemingly nowhere, as she was helping an elderly couple into a safe building a robot sneaked up behind her, springing into action she shot her hand out, trapping the robot in place as it squirmed trying to get out of her hold. She reached for her staff, turning it on and electrocuted it. She finished helping the couple into the building and she was on the move again to destroy the robots and help the people in need. 

After five minutes of straight fighting, the ground began to shake and rise, "Florence! What are you doing?" Steve shouted at her over the comms, assuming it her her. "I'm not doing that, I swear!" She panicked, 'What if it was me and I didn't know it?'