ϟ 7 ϟ

Avengers Compound

Three weeks after the battle

Three Weeks

It had taken three weeks for Florence to wake up. 

It had started off as a normal day for Pietro.

Wake up, check on Florence in her room next door, eat breakfast, change, stay with Florence until dinner, eat, stay with Florence until he was tired, sleep, repeat.

This continuous cycle worried the other avengers, especially Wanda, who wanted her brother to take care of himself. 

It was a Thursday afternoon, 2 pm to be precise, Pietro was reading a book From Florence's collection that was moved from the tower, one hand on the book, one hand was holding hers. If he wasn't fully engrossed in the book he wouldn't have felt her hand tighten around his, but he did. As soon as he felt it he placed the book down and looked at her, "Florence, can you hear me?" She tightened her grip on his hand again, signalling she could her him, he called for FRIDAY to alert the others.

Clint was the first one to make it through the door, "What's going on? FRIDAY just alerted us." He asked, out of breath after running. Pietro looked at him and smiled, "She just gripped my hand, I think she's waking up, she can hear us." 

Clint let out a breath of relief and walked towards the open side of her bed as the others were coming in. "Hey Flo, it's me Clint, squeeze my hand of you can hear me." She responded right away, gripping the marksman's hand. 

Nat asked, "How come she isn't opening her eyes or moving?" She was shocked as she thought she would never see her friend awake again. Wanda was the last to arrive, pushing through the group she said, "I can hear her thoughts, more clearly, It's like, she's speaking to me. She's just saying, 'wake me up, wake me up.' Over and over." She paused before continuing, "Florence, if I have permission to wake you up, squeeze Clint's and Pietro's hands twice." 

Pietro felt her hand tighten twice before Clint, she was getting annoyed with all the hand squeezing and just wanted to be awake. 'Wanda, this is cool and all but please hurry up, I really need a shower.' She projected her thoughts to the woman. Wanda chuckled before moving towards the foot of the bed, aiming her hands at Florence, her scarlet magic rushed towards her forehead and instantly Florence shot up and placed her hands on her chest as if she had just woken up from a nightmare.

After calming her breathing, she looked to her left to see Clint smiling, tears brimming his eyes. She smiled "Hey old man," she wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him into a tight hug. "No crying, no tears, I can't have you being upset over me." She pulled back and sat upright on her headboard.

Everyone in the room let out a short chuckle, Clint shook his head before saying, "Ah Flo, even in the state your in, you still put everyone else before you." She shrugged her shoulders, "Old habits die hard I guess." She smiled and looked around the room before her eyes latched onto his beautiful blue ones, she took his hand in hers and the pair didn't even notice the others departure.

He smiled and asked, "How are you feeling?" He blushed slightly under her gaze, he had forgotten the effect she had on him, even after only knowing each other for a short while, the both of them knew that they were made for each other, soulmates, twin flames, they were like fire and ice yet they fit so well together, like perfect puzzle pieces.

"I'm alright, a bit stiff and hungry. Did we win?" She asked him, stretching her arms and legs, after not moving for weeks they really needed stretching. "Yeah, we won. No sign of the hulk or Banner, but they're looking." Her face fell at the thought of one of the team becoming M.I.A, he took her face in his hands, "We will find him don't worry." He reassured her when he saw her reaction.

She smiled, nodded and leaned into his hands, "Will you help me up, I need to get myself looking decent and these pyjamas are not cool." While she was asleep, Nat came in and changed her clothes a few times. At the moment she was wearing a comfy pair of ugly parrot pyjamas that Clint got her last Christmas.

He laughed and pulled her up, keeping her steady in his arms and looked down to admire her outfit, "You know, they're not too bad. I'd want a pair for myself, but I think I'd outshine you." He smiled, puffing his chest out.

Florence laughed and guided herself to her wardrobe, Pietro staying behind her in case she stumbled or fell, "Yeah, Yeah sure speedy. Has anything exciting been happening while I was out?" She wanted to know the gossip, a lot can happen in a few weeks and Florence wanted all the details.

"Well Wanda and I were given an offer to join the avengers, she's accepted, I'm still thinking about it." He told her. Florence turned to face him, "Why are you waiting? This is a really good opportunity." She tilted her head and furrowed her eyebrows, wondering why he would not grab the opportunity as soon as it was presented to him.

"I was, well I was waiting until you woke up." He rubbed the back of his neck and looked down at his feet. "I didn't want to join if you were going to retire after this." He looked back up and was met with her smiling face, he smiled back immediately. To him, her smile was more infectious than any disease, it could spread so quickly. Her smile could light up a room, hell, it lit up his world in such a short amount of time.

"I've still got a lot of life in me, don't you worry. At least now we'll be fighting on the same team." They both laughed at this and Pietro grabbed her waist, pulled her in and kissed her. She dropped the clothes she was holding as her hands went to tangle in his hair.

- - - - - - -

The next few weeks was absolute bliss for the two avengers, Florence was getting back on her feet and Pietro was there every step of the way. She had bonded with Wanda, the Sokovian woman always telling the Newcastle beauty embarrassing stories of Pietro when they were younger, much to his annoyance.

Pietro had finally plucked up the courage to properly ask Florence out. 

- - -

Pietro handed her a bouquet of roses from behind his back, he asks her out. "What you don't like flowers?" "Not when i can grow them from my hands. You shouldn't go to Clint for dating advice, god knows how long he took to ask Laura out on a date, but i love them anyways because they came from you." 

They both wore massive smiles on their faces. "Florence Brown, these past few weeks with you have been amazing and i was wondering if you would do me the honour of being my girlfriend." Her smile grew even wider as she threw her arms around his neck, "Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes!" He picked her up and spun her around, the pair laughing. Suddenly, it began to rain heavily. "Hey, this is just like those romance films you keep making me watch."

"I mean the rain has come at a perfect timing and don't hate on those films, I know you've cried while watching at least one of them." She brushed his hair back from out of his face. "Oh shush you." He quickly replied before pulling her as close as he could and kissed her. With not a care in the world as if was just them two in that moment.

Pietro and Florence

Florence and Pietro

Forever and always

Word Count: 1.3k

There we go, that is the end of Age of Ultron!! I'm taking a short break, but I will see you for Civil War!!

Kinda short chapter but it was just a filler :)

<3