ϟ 10 ϟ

Florence had no idea where she was going after storming out, she just walked and ended up underneath a large tree that she used to relax with Pietro. Flashes of memories flashed through her mind, every time he made her laugh, hours spent under that tree, their first kiss, first 'I love you' and the first time they gave themselves to each other. 

This was her breaking point, she sank to her knees and cried loudly not caring who heard.

The area around her started to change, the wind picked up and it started to rain. The flowers around the trees started to drop, as if they looked sad, reflecting how she felt. Florence just sat there, not moving and letting the rain soak her to the bone. 

She opened her eyes and took control of the situation, stopping the rain and wind, fixing the flowers as if they hadn't been affected by a mutant's breakdown.

She walked to the back door so as to not be seen by anyone and went into Nat's room. She stole a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie and went into the joining bathroom and changed out of her soaking clothes, she just put her hair up in a tight bun and left Nat's room to go to the kitchen, knowing nobody would be in there since the fight.

Florence grabbed an apple and a knife and started to slice it, she saw someone from the corner of her eye, in a flash the knife made its way to the person's neck. "Guess I shouldn't be hiding in the shadows, noted." It was Harry, Florence dropped the knife and ran over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"You weren't supposed to be here for another week!" She said with joy into his shoulder. It was true, Harry was scheduled to fly back to the compound in the next week to start more training with Florence but he made the trip sooner since he found out about the fight between her and Pietro.

He chuckled and patted her back, "I know. Can I not come and surprise my best friend once in a while?" He asked and they pulled apart, smiles on both their faces.

"Of course you can, after the day I've had, seeing your face has really made it better." Her face dropped at the memory of the fight. Harry saw this and immediately tried to make her feel better.

"Hey, it's gonna be alright, you and Pietro are gonna get over this whole thing, he's gonna deflate his ego and apologise for being a dick and all will be ok." Harry pulled her in for a side hug as they walked towards one of the couches. "I saw what you did outside, very good but we need to work on not letting your emotions take over your powers when you're vulnerable."

Florence chuckled and shook her head, "Aye, that'll happen when pigs fly." The pair laughed.

They talked for a while until she was called into the meeting room for the second time that day for a meeting with Senator Ross who she had a very strong dislike for.

Florence sat across from Pietro who had a sour look on his face, Senator Ross was standing at the head of the table, away to present- but mostly scold - the team."Five years ago, I had a heart attack. I dropped right in the middle of my back-swing. Turned out it was the best round of my life, because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass I found something 40 years in the Army had never taught me: Perspective." Florence rolled her eyes at the man,

"The world owes the Avengers an un-payable debt." 'Damn right it does' She thought to herself, "You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives . . . but while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some . . . who would prefer the word 'vigilantes'."

"And what word would you use Mr Secretary?" Florence raised her hand and asked the aging man in front of the group.

"How about 'dangerous'? What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind? Miss Brown."