ϟ 1 ϟ

This is what I imagined Florence's suit to be like :)
Full credits to earths.angxl on tiktok for the beautiful drawing <3

HYDRA BASE - SOKOVIA

Florence's arms latched around Steve's body so tightly she thought his ribs were going to be crushed (if he wasn't a super soldier). Her head turning constantly for any HYDRA agents hiding.

Spotting a group of them coming towards her. "Steve! You see them too right?" She yells over the noise from the engine and fighting going on around them.

"Yeah I see them, do you want to jump off and do your thing?" Steve asks, concerned as this was her first mission in a year.

"Yeah I've got it grandpa, just turn the bike and I'll jump off." Florence sasses. She understood Steve's concerns about her since she hasn't used her mutation in ages to fight but she thinks he worries too much -which he does- about her since she's the youngest avenger.

Steve complies and takes a sharp left turn, giving Florence an extra boost in the air. She lands not so gracefully as she thought she would. "SHIT!" She shouts at the same time as Tony. She faintly hears Cap say "Language" to the both of them but she tunes it out to focus on her abilities.

Raising her hands, the familiar green wisps shoots out and immediately starts to affect the environment around her. The ground starts to shake and vines shoot out from the ground, trapping the nearest HYDRA agent, pulling and trapping them to the ground, once they were stuck, Florence knocks them out with the butt of their own guns.

- - - - - - - - -

After taking down the agents she could see, Florence gets taken down by a blue blur. "You didn't see that coming? For a pretty girl with magic I'd thought you'd be quicker." A blonde man said with a thick accent.

Florence stared at him for a moment, she admitted to herself that he was very handsome and looked about her age as well, it was a shame that they were fighting on different sides. "Yeah well not all of us can get to be like sonic can we? Now are you going to be a gentleman and help a lady up?" Florence asks, stretching her hands out for the foreign man to take.

He reaches his hands out for Florence to take, she feels a slight spark when their hands touch. She decides to ignore this and swipes her legs, tripping him over. Florence gains the upper hand, straddles him and takes advantage of her mutation and traps him with the nearby tree roots. "You didn't see that coming huh?" She mocks him.

"You're with them?" He asks, referring to the Avengers currently taking down the base. "How could you trust them? Stark is a killer." He grunts, trying to get out of his restraints

"And you're with HYDRA." Florence states with slight anger in her voice, "Tony may have a bad track record but at least he's trying to do something right." She huffs, trying to keep her concentration fixed on keeping him trapped. "All of them may have done some shitty things but they're all I've got. The names Brown, Florence Brown. What about you speedy?" She cocks her head waiting for a reply.

"Maximoff, Pietro Maximoff. Such a pretty name for a pretty girl." His eyes trailed down her body. Fighting a blush, Florence tightened the roots further.

"Eyes up here Maximoff"

"FLORENCE! Where the hell are you! Clint's been hit." She could here Natasha's voice blast from the comms.

"On my way, we have an enhanced in the field, stupidly fast. I've got him but it won't last long. I'll be there as soon as I can." Florence rushes to get up and starts running towards Nat's location. She turns to Pietro. "We'll be seeing each other soon, till next time speedy."

- - - - - - - - -

When Florence reached Clint, Thor flew down. "You couldn't have given me a lift? I may have abilities but endurance isn't one." Florence wheezed, she never thought of using her abilities to get to Clint sooner, still thinking she didn't have them.

"My apologies Lady Florence. We need to get Clint to the Quinjet as fast as we can." Thor said, picking up Clint and flying away with Mjolnir.

"We're all locked down out here Cap. What do you want us to do?" Natasha asked through the comms.

"Florence I need you with me, Nat find Banner, it's time for a lullaby." Steve said, sounding slightly breathless.

"I'll be there in a moment let me catch my breath." Florence said into the comm. "You need anything, let me know, good luck Nat." She turned towards Natasha giving her a side hug.

"See you on the jet Flo." Natasha smiled at her.

Grinning, Florence shot her hands down to the ground, her green wisps compelling the air around her to push her off the ground as she flew towards the HYDRA base.

- - - - - - - - -

"Nice of you to join me." Steve sassed. They began to walk into the base to find Strucker.

"Yeah well be lucky that I didn't join Clint on the Quinjet."

As they turned a corner, Florence knocked out a guard and they came across Baron Strucker, the man responsible for Florence's years of torture as a child into a teenager. "Baron Strucker, HYDRA's number one thug." Steve says as he circles Strucker. Florence stayed behind Strucker so he doesn't try to escape.

"Technically, I'm a thug for SHIELD." Baron said, turning towards Florence. "Hello darling, I was wondering when I was going to see you again."

"Well technically you're unemployed and don't call me darling." Florence clenched her jaw, green mist threatening to spill out form her clutch. She was trying to stop herself from killing Strucker. As much as she thought it would satisfy her and might stop her nightmares, she held herself back. "Where is Loki's sceptre?"

"Feisty as always, don't worry, I know when I'm beat, you'll mention how I cooperated I hope." Strucker says turning towards Steve.

Unbeknownst to them, a girl was hidden in the shadows, ready to attack.

"I'll put it right under illegal human experimentation. How many are there?" Steve demanded

The unknown girl runs from the shadows and uses her red magic to push Steve down a set of stairs. "STEVE!" Florence shouts. She turns towards the attacker but she sped towards the open doors slamming them behind her. "We have a second enhanced in the field, do not engage."

"You'll have to be faster than-" Strucker didn't get to finish his sentence as Steve launched his shield up with his foot and kicked it at Strucker's head, knocking him out cold. Florence walked over to him and punched him in the jaw.

"I hope that hurt darling." She spat. "I'm going back to the jet, I'll meet you there." Florence said, not bothering to give Steve another look as she flew off to where the Quinjet was left.

Word Count: 1.1k