𝟶𝟾-✨

-𝟷𝟸:𝟺𝟻-
I was currently heading to a table and today you can say I'm lucky because Claudia wasn't there yet. There was only her group of friends.

I'm heading alone to the table in the back because I went without Tae to avoid problems.

- Why do I feel like you've been trying to avoid me since our last class?

- Tae?! I say, widening my eyes.

- Well yes it's me. He says laughing and putting down his tray to sit down.

- We... we can't stay together Tae! I whispered, putting my hands on each side of my face.

- Why can't we stay together? Can't I stay with someone I like? Don't you like me? He said, chewing his bread.

- I do! But it's just that I-

- I JUST HOPE THAT THIS IS ALL A DREAM! shouts a person that I recognize very well.

I feel like it's going to be the end of me, great...

- I wanted to avoid that... I say with a depressed face.

- SO YOU LEAVE ME AN HOUR BEFORE FOR NO REASON AND YOU DARE TO EAT WITH THIS MUD-EATER?! she yells.

Tae quickly changes his expression back to the cold and emotionless Yoon-Tae I knew before we became friends. And clearly he freaks out when he has that expression.

I also forgot to mention that by screaming like that, Claudia had brought the attention of the whole cafeteria back to our table. Some of them were whispering in the ear of their neighbor and those who were secretly filming the scene.

- Can you please keep it down?

- ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW?! YOU'RE ASKING ME TO KEEP MY VOICE DOWN WHEN YOU DUMPED ME LIKE TRASH?!

- I'm afraid to tell you that I can't address a person who does nothing but bark like a dog.

- EXCUSE ME?!

I chuckled slightly at this comment. Because I admit she was completely hysterical while Tae was calm but cool at the same time.

- WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT?! YOU WANT ME TO BURY YOU ALIVE IS THAT IT? She said while she was about to give me a slap.

I instinctively close my eyes at this gesture, waiting for the slap to come, but I open my eyes again to see why this slap takes so long.

But when I reopen them, I see a pissed off Yoon-Tae, holding Claudia's wrist firmly, who was completely frightened.

- This is the last time you will try to slap her or to hurt her physically, you hear me?

- I-

- And at the same time I want you and your bunch of uneducated people to stop harassing her, is that clear?

- Y-You really think we're going to stop? She answered by stammering.

- I said... IS IT CLEAR?

She did not answer but shook her head vigorously up and down.

He lets go of her and then decides to climb up on a table to get everyone's attention on him.

- What the hell is he doing... I say quietly.

- What I just said is valid for all the people in this school! Whoever dares to hurt her will have to deal with me and I warn you that I'm not as pretty when I'm angry. So have I made myself clear?

Everyone looks at each other before shaking their heads up and down.

- And one last thing, her name is Fabiola and not "the mud eater" because we don't eat mud in Haiti, you uneducated people!

Then he got down from the table and sat down as if nothing had happened.

- You didn't have to do all this, you know? I said to him.

- I know, but I still wanted to do it.

- But... why are you doing all this for me when we barely know each other? You've never made such a gesture for your ex but you do it for me? What's so special about me?

- It's true that we've just met but... I've always found you special Fabiola and that's been the case since the beginning...

He says this with the most charming smile I have ever seen in my life. My heart starts beating fast and strangely I want to kiss him right now, but we won't do that.

~🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋~