"Tea, coffee, water, juice beta?" Netra aunty asked.

"A glass of water would do." She answered. "Kaki is not here kaka?" She continued.

"I am here beta. Why did you stop visiting us?", said my aunty, hugging her with a full-blown smile.

"Kaka here takes up all my time when I plan to visit you. And then it gets late." She said, We could sense the mischievousness in her tone as she was pranking my uncle and aunt.

"What? No. Mithra this is not fair. Hey, by the time we finish discussing the work, it gets late. Should I send her back or not? Else Bijoy will kill me if I keep his daughter to myself. " My uncle said, looking at my aunt towards the end. Mithra seemed to enjoy this banter between them.

"Look at her, she is already so tired and on top of that, you still need to discuss work with her? Can't you give her a break?" My aunt reprimanded.

"You guys know each other well?" Netra aunty asked. Well, we had the same doubt. At least I. I never knew that my uncle and aunty knew her so well. My uncle lost his joyful nature when he lost his baby sister. But seeing him so happy warmed my heart.

"Yeah, Netra Ji. She is like a daughter to us. We have known her for about three years now." My aunt fondly smiled, caressing Mithra's hair.

"We came to know that you are a commander, but you don't seem to work for the army." Neil's dad, Sahil's uncle asked.

"I am not in the army, uncle. I am a part of the Indian defense organization. I am the head of intelligence and tasks division." She replied. There was no ounce of pride or attitude in her. Only sheer satisfaction. Something I craved for.

"How old are you beta? If you don't mind me asking." Netra aunty asked. She didn't look a day older than 22.

"No worries aunty. I am 23 years old. In five months, I'll be 24." She replied. She was almost 3 yrs younger than me.

"You are okay getting married so early?" Avni asked in surprise. She wasn't wrong. Many women didn't like settling so early.

"I have no issues getting married now," she replied with a soft chuckle.

"How so?" Looks like Avni couldn't control herself.

"In my view, marriage is just another name for lifelong companionship. It doesn't matter when it starts. All that matters shall be the journey I would travel with that person for the rest of my life." She said.

Woah. That was one perfect definition of marriage.

"That was a nice one," Rohan said. She shrugged and gave him a friendly smile.

"Why didn't Asha Ji and Bijoy Bhai Sahab come?" My aunt asked.

"Ma, Baba have gone to Europe Kaki. So they didn't come with me." She said.

"Suddenly?" My uncle asked.

"Staying at home, they keep stressing about the five of us. My work, or dada's business or bhabhi's health, something keeps coming up. So we thought of giving them a break from our thoughts. Going out would at least shift their attention from us. So a small anniversary gift from us." She said.

"What happened to Ananya? Is she ok?" My uncle asked. Wow, they know so much about her?

"Bhabhi had slipped and hurt her arm. So they were worried about that Kaki. Bhabhi is fine now." Mithra assured.

"Why don't we let them talk? Even they need to know each other." Avni said.

This was finally the moment.

"Sure," she said and signaled me to lead the way. God, I was nervous. I simply nodded and headed towards the house. That was the first time that evening our eyes met.

And she had the most beautiful ones.

Gosh, I am turning into a creep. What's wrong with me?

I led her to the terrace and closed the door behind me.

"Are you okay?" My head whipped in her direction. No one had asked me this question. Never. Even my uncle, aunt, or even my friends did comfort me but never asked me about my wellbeing. What gave her the fact that I was not okay? Did she know something about me that no one knew? There was no chance. If no one close to me knew, then there was no chance that she could know. Did uncle tell me anything about me? Is that why she was asking me this?

She chuckled, bringing me out of my reverie. "Don't overthink about anything. This is the first time I am meeting you and seeing you. Neither your uncle told me any details about you nor did the web. I just felt like asking. You need not answer it if it troubles you."

"No, I am not." She just smiled at me. A blissful one.

"I am exhausted, probably drained mentally and emotionally more than physically. It's been ages since I knew what peace seems like." I added with a clipped smile.

"What would make you sleep well at night? I know it's not money and neither do people. Then?" She asked. I was surprised again.

"How do you know that?" I couldn't help but ask. She was reading me as she knew me for ages.

"Being the top businessman and the richest man, you are not happy. The people around you, Neil, Kaka-Kaki, and Avni, love you so much. The way they look at you clearly shows their concern for you. But still, that doesn't let you sleep. Does it?"

It was my time to chuckle now. It was true that I had everything in my life one could wish for. But nothing seemed to fill the void that was created when my mother left me.

"I don't know. Ever since I lost my mum to cancer, it's been like this for me. I couldn't help myself with it. Dad became busy and got another woman. Initially, I spent my time gaining his attention. But when I realized he wouldn't care anymore, I left trying. And now it's too late to mend that relationship. People I meet love to have me in their life for my money and status. Only a few genuinely care for me like my best friends and my Mama Mami. But then I just can't keep burdening them with my troubles and health...... Yeah, that sums up me. But don't be bothered by this. You deserve someone much better, not a broken, hopeless man." I said. A traitor tear had slipped out of my eye and before I could wipe it away, Mithra did it for me. With a smile on her face, she said,

"You are brave Deva and I can see that. The way you hold yourself together despite all odds is commendable. You unknowingly are a source of strength for your family. And I need not mention, an inspiration to millions out there. There are a lot of people who aspire to be you. A man of success, stature, and vision. You may be a hero to someone or even the best prayer one could ever ask for. You are not only rich but wealthy too. You have a heart of gold. You are a gem Dev. What more could a girl ask for in her man?"

My heart skipped a beat. 

I didn't miss the name she gave me.

Deva.

**************

Hello folks. Here goes another update. I shall also be putting up bonus chapters for all my lovelies out there. Thank you.