Chapter 29

I felt awkward with the attention on me, so I quickly tried changing the subject in that bathroom, then I just decided to leave altogether. Giana never spoke ,but she scowled at me the entire time I was there. "What's her issue with me?" I whispered to Sophia. "She's just a bitch," she waved it off. When I was back in the main room I looked around for Anthony. I almost got nervous when I didn't immediately see him. 

Then I realized a group of guys were standing with their hands out, shot glasses in hand. They said something to my brother and took down the shot of whatever liquor it was.

        When Sophia and I approached I could tell my brother was very drunk. "There she is," he announced my presence when I was close enough. "Mia, have one," he waved me over. It made me laugh, and I went to his side of the table where these guys were standing around. "Should we switch you over to water?" I asked him. He snorted, "Not a chance." I'll have to have him rethink that in a little bit. "Have one," he picked up a shot glass for me. 

"If you don't I will," he threatened to drink it. I quickly grabbed it from his hand and took the shot. I shivered at the taste and let it settle hot in my belly.

Elio threw an arm around my shoulder and when my eyes lifted they just so happened to catch Anthony's. He had the slightest smirk playing on his lips which made me smile for some reason. What's he thinking about having that smirk on his face?

        My brother was making me laugh and I found myself sticking with him for a while. Even though I'd told Anthony I was just going to the bathroom, and coming back. He didn't seem to mind though. Everyone found Elio's great enthusiastic mood to be funny. We drank together, the idiot tried dancing a little bit with everyone, but he was all over the place. Eventually a girl latched onto him and I gave him space. That brought me right back to Rizzo.

I honestly thought since I wasn't giving him my attention that he'd just go off with another girl. He definitely gets their attention. I've seen the girls flirt with him. He didn't though, and I was surprised. I'm sure not for my sake. He must not feel like it. 

But when I became free again he did come straight over. Felt nice. Men never wait. They want what they want when they want it, or else they just leave it. 

        "Hey," I smiled when Anthony came up to me. "Your brother's in rare form tonight, huh?" he chuckled and glanced at him. He's making out with a girl right now. "He is. I didn't mean to leave you hanging, I just got called over and kind of lost track of time," I explained to him. " I know, sweetheart. I saw. I don't mind. Well, if it's your brother. If it's some chump that's gaining your attention I might mind a little bit," he smirked. 

With his fingertips he brushed my hair off my shoulder which tickled. "Oh yeah? And what happens when Anthony Rizzo minds?" I teased him. His smirk turned into something else. He looked kinda hot when he licked his lips and told me, "Anthony Rizzo would probably knock the chump out." I am toxic for liking that. Just plain toxic.

        When I bit my lip his eyes went down to them. "You have the prettiest lips. You must get told that all the time," his eyes still lingered there. My lips are full, especially my bottom lip, so I've been told, but it's nothing. I just shrugged like I didn't. Anthony's hand came up and with his thumb he brushed my bottom lip lightly, taking a step closer. 

"Fuck. The things I'd do to kiss those lips," he licked his own. "What would you do?" The liquor was talking for me. "If you let me? I'd just fucking kiss you. Whatever happens after that, is after that. I'd still have kissed you though," he smirked, knowing his chance of fighting it out with my brother. I don't know why that doesn't scare him away, but I like it.