Chapter 20

When I woke up I felt a slight ache in the center of my head from the liquor I drank last night. I shifted slightly and felt my body bump against someone else's. My heart stopped. How did my night end? Think Mia. I was too afraid to open my eyes. When the person started shifting my heart started beating faster. Did I hook up with Anthony Rizzo? Because I didn't mean to. I just wanted to flirt and have fun. I didn't want to jump to that. Shit

My eyes finally opened. I need to face this. I wasn't met by hazel eyes though. I connected with blue ones. "Why the hell am I not waking up in a hot guy's bed?" my best friend pouted when she realized it was me she was sleeping against. Oh thank god. "I don't remember. The end is kinda fuzzy" I chuckled.

        After grabbing water and tylenol, her and I started piecing together the rest of our night. I remember the guy Sophia was with offered to buy us all shots. I know we started doing those shots. I know we danced a little more. "Oh my god, remember what Rizzo did," Sophia covered her mouth and giggled. "What?" My eyes widened in anticipation. But before she even opened her mouth to remind me the image came flooding into my head. "Oh my god, he punched that guy," I ended up covering my mouth like she did.

        I remember now. We took shots, we danced some more, the guy continued to offer Sophia shots, Anthony noticed. He told Sophia he didn't want her to leave with this guy, because he seemed like he was purposely trying to get her really drunk. When the guy puffed his chest out telling Rizzo to mind his business Anthony popped him once in the face. 

He knocked that dude straight to the ground. It was actually extremely attractive. Anthony didn't flip out or anything. He just knocked that dude out and turned back to me to put his hand around my waist like it was nothing. 

I remember going up on my toes to be able to reach his ear and saying, "That was kinda sexy, Rizzo." His grip had tightened around me. "You like troublemaker's, Mia?" He smirked at that fact. I guess I sort of do.

        "Oh gosh, that was so fun," Sophia turned giddy at the reminder of our night's adventures. Someone complained about Anthony punching that guy out, so they tried throwing us outta there, but we didn't even care. The three of us left, since Sophia's friend left with the other dude. We went into some shitty bar and ended up just talking to Anthony a little bit to end the night. We were drunk, all three of us by the end.

"Rizzo wanted to take you home so bad. You know that right?" Sophia chuckled at me as we reminisced. "No, he was chill about hanging out as the three of us," I disagreed. "He couldn't keep his hands off of you," she shoved at me. We were cross legged on the middle of my mattress holding coffee mugs. I glared at her when mine almost spilled.

        I do remember his hands on my waist, my hips, he would tuck my hair behind my shoulder or run his hand briefly up my backside. He's so smooth with his subtle touch. I let him get away with a lot. I remember his subtle moves the first time I met him in the club. The way he'd play with the cushion by the tips of his fingers rubbing over it. The way he gets closer to you on a seat without you realizing you're leaning right into it. How he'll redirect your attention to his lips when he licks or bites them. 

Aside from those two teasing neck kisses Anthony didn't even push that further. He didn't kiss me again. That only makes me more intrigued about his subtlety.

At the end of our night he hugged me and Sophia, sending us in a safe car to the apartment. Her apartment, not mine. I guess these guys did grow up with Sophia. They're trouble, but they respect her and her family enough to look after her. Especially when sketchy guys are trying to liquor her up and take her home. They make sure she gets home safe. Of course they do, because Dom's their boss. He'd beat their heads in if they didn't.