Chapter 13

I was standing in the living room with Riccardo, on my knee while I measured his pant leg. To measure an inseam you have to go between the legs, but Riccardo was fidgety about it. Especially when he heard the door to the apartment open. "Uh, what am I walking into right now?" I heard my brother's voice behind me. Riccardo straightened out, and I patted his leg to remind him to stop moving. "I'm going to tailor his suit," I said easily. 

Riccardo still looked so nervous. What is Elio going to do? Flip out because I'm fixing his employees suit. He isn't a psycho like his best friend.

        I was regretting ever going to that stupid party this past weekend. All it did was open old wounds I've been working so hard to fix. I can sow clothes, but I'm not so good at stitching wounds, they kept coming apart at the seams. 

I heard Elio drop his keys on the counter and didn't comment further on what I was doing. "Alright, pants are done measuring, you can stop freaking out," I called Riccardo out for being so uncomfortable. The poor man blushed. "We're doing shoulders," I let him know, taking down some measurements on a piece of paper I had beside me on the coffee table.

        That stupid party this weekend ended awful. I was trying to make Dom regret that he walked out of my life, but all I did was gain a first row seat to him mauling Giana freaking Rizzo. Tonguing her mouth all night. Oh, the best part was when I saw them walking off holding hands. They never made it back to the party. I know how their night ended.

Anthony Rizzo was a smooth and decent enough guy, but I was hurting too much, and told the guy I had to get going. I went home alone. No sexy hook ups. I didn't even call Julien the way Sophia kept recommending I should. I was too upset about Dom, I didn't have it in me to be sexy, and try to sleep with another man. Not when that man was so heavy on my mind. I couldn't do it.

        With my soft measuring tape between my lips I jotted down a few more numbers. After that, I wrapped the thing over my shoulders and patted Riccardo on the back. "Done." He nodded and straightened his coat out even though it was already perfectly in place. "I brought my other suit...I assume you can tailor that, or does it mess up the measurements?" He asked me. "No, the measurement was of your body, not the fabric. I can fix anything now. Hand it over," I extended a hand for him to give me the suit. It was a modest black suit of no particular brand. I was about to make him look snazzy though.

"Well, thanks for this I guess," the bulldog scratched the back of his head. When my brother reappeared from his bedroom in casual clothing, I saw Riccardo snap back into attention again. "Sir," he nodded to him. "She offered, sir. Insisted, really," he explained himself. Elio waved him off. "I don't care, Riccardo. Give Mia the practice," he shrugged. 

"You look a little tired. Are you okay?" I furrowed my brows at my brother when I finally got a good look at him. "Huh? Oh, nah, I'm fine. It's been...a crazy time at work...busy I mean," he corrected himself. I hummed at him in suspicion.

"I don't think I wanna know what would justify 'crazy' in your line of work" I deadpanned. Elio rolled his eyes. "I just meant busy. Not crazy. Everything's fine," he assured me again. I wasn't even worried to begin with, aside from him just looking a little tired. 

        "Go rest, I'll make dinner," I assured him. He gave my shoulder a light squeeze in thanks and went back into his bedroom. "Thank you, Miss Fiore. I'll be heading out now," Riccardo practically bowed to me. "Bye, I'll call you when it's done," I called after him since he'd already turned his back to me for the door.

Since I don't technically have a 'job' right now I don't have to get up and prepare for a day of work. Instead I'm waiting for Karl, or Julien, to reach out and let me know what's on the itinerary for us this month. I've gotten a brief email, but it was vague. I know I'm allowed to reveal some of the clothes I designed for Chanel now, which is exciting. I wear it too. I hope that isn't pretentious, I'm just proud of myself.