Chapter 24: White out

A/N: That title isn't alarming, right?

Had my ceremony for graduating and it doesn't feel quite real.

alSO? https://www.deviantart.com/vcl2006/art/Grey-and-Gold-918611591 VCL MADE AN IMAGE FROM CHAPTER 11: CHECKMATE?? Erratum's little smug face after beating Nightmare in chess. UGH 😍

"I don't work based upon what is right or wrong, only on what I have been made to do. My morality is in shades of grey."

What an excellent scene and quote to draw. lOVE IT.

Enjoy

It had taken a few explanations, but eventually, Erratum's followers accepted (some begrudgingly) Dream's decision in the end. Erratum had assured them all that Dream had not turned his back on them or betrayed them, and in the end, no one was really all that surprised. Dream would most likely die a martyr if this conflict didn't resolve itself quickly. This was why Erratum had been planning how they would approach the creator without him immediately trying to kill them.

"hOI!"

Erratum exhaled slowly as they opened their eyes to stare down at the small creature. "You are looking well." They noted as the Temmie rested either front paw on their leg. Their fur was clean and kempt and they had returned to their rotund and stretchy form. Erratum patted their head and allowed them to settle in their lap, resting peacefully and watching as Temmie ran past the both of them.

Wait.

Erratum turned their head quickly to see the creature bounding off, looking back down at the Temmie still settled down in their lap. Small error windows popped up around them a moment as they tried to understand what they had just seen, but then they spotted someone slinking by their altar. They narrowed their eyes a bit at the suspicious behaviour of their most volatile visitor. They crossed their arms and frowned as the other tried to slip past them.

"Fresh..."

Said monster froze in place, turning their head and displaying their shades, spelling out a telling 'UH OH' on them. "Heya, fam! What's hangin'?" The colourful parasite greeted, attempting to hold his jacket closed with both hands. Erratum scanned him up and down with an unimpressed look, beckoning him closer with a curl of their finger. "Come here."

"Ahh, ya sure? I mean-"

"Fresh,"

Fresh quickly stepped up to the god as they rose to their feet and appraised Fresh's nervous form. They could hear faint noises now that he was closer, causing them to furrow their brow bone and zero in on the jacket he was holding closed. "What do you have there?" They questioned, watching as Fresh began to sweat a bit. "Nothin'! Just passin' through, nothin' to see here!" He insisted, as though Erratum would actually buy that. "Mhmm." The hum sounded doubtful as they gave him an impatient sigh. "Open your jacket."

"Actually I'm wicked chilly right now, so-"

"That wasn't a suggestion, Fresh."

"Yeah I get that but can we reschedule dis? I gots place t' be."

Erratum scowled a bit as they reached forward themselves and grasped the lapels of the brightly coloured jacket. Before Fresh could even process it, the other had already forced the other's hands away and the jacket open.

Small, numerous little monsters tumbled out from the clothing. Each of them gave little sounds and squeaks, various 'hoi's and 'awawa's echoing through the area. Erratum was completely speechless as they stared at the Temmies now swarming at their ankles with fascinated noises.