"Yeah same, it's a bit weird we both went on a date with the same guy."

"Do you feel like you had a connection with anyone?" Amber asked Liam.

"We'll wait and see. Wait and see."

"Tell us about you guys, how old are you, where are you from?" I asked the girls, wanting to make them feel welcome. 

"So I'm 27 and I'm from Essex but I'm originally from Turkey." Ekin-Su explained. "I'm an actress so I work in Turkey for that." She went off a bit, almost trying to impress Davide in her accent but he wasn't giving much away. 

"And I'm Afia, I'm 24 and I'm from London. I work in a private lounge, like a hostess."

"What's it called?" Luca asked.

"You go Mayfair a lot?" She teased back to him, yeah I knew there was trouble in this. "So who's coupled up with who then?"

"So I'm coupled up with Gemma." Davide went first. 

"Dami?"

"This pretty lady right here..." He pointed over to Amber. 

"Andrew?"

"Yeah I'm with Tasha."

"And you?" She pointed at me.

"I'm with Luca." I pointed over at him, watching both of the girls catching my eye. 

"Just Luca yeah." He kind of half joked, not giving much away. 

"I'm single." Liam confirmed and Ikenna and Indiyah got introduced last. 

"Give us your top three." I had to ask. 

"All right, to be honest I don't mind doing this." Afia said. "I would go for, Dami, Andrew and fuck I can't choose the last one."

"I think mine would be Andrew, Luca and Davide. But I had a nice time with Liam as well. I'm hoping to see you in the gym Davide. I want to see if you're all talk or there's some action there." 

I'm sure she's a lovely girl you know, but yeah as competition she's my worse nightmare. My friends would say I'm confident but she's on another level. 

The boys went off, probably to go and top up their aftershave before they got the chance to speak to the new girls, leaving us round the firepit. 

"I want to talk to you girls." Afia said. "Like what's going on with you all?"

"No-one's married off yet." Amber confirmed to her. "I think everyone's trying to keep their options open and like taking the opportunity to speak to all the guys. Like this is Love Island, not friend island."

"Anyone in friend island?"

"No I don't think so."

"I'm sorry, I'm not here to make season girlfriends, I'm here to find the love of my life." Ekin-Su came out with, like hold on a minute this girls is not playing games at all. "I mean I'm open to making friends with people but you know, that won't be my main priority."

"I think as long as we're open and honest with each other that shouldn't be a problem." I said, "I think even if it just helps make everyone comfortable."

"How old are you all?" She asked. 

"24" "25" "23" "24"

"I'm 19"

"You could be my little sister," Ekin-Su said. "Like I'd go around protecting you." I could tell just by Gemma's face she wasn't happy with that comment and maybe how patronising it came across.